Radix Install

Luke

I just got an email from a motor shop saying they will install a radix for $850. They quoted me a price of $4895 for the SC + $200 for the warranty.

I have a question for those of you who have done an install yourself. How hard is it to install this kit? Is it worth the $850 to have them do it? I guess if I want the warranty I have to have someone who is certified do it for me.

Pretty steep install price. I took my time and did it in a day. I think you will have a great sence of acomplishment if you do it yourself. With the backing of this board, you should have no fear! :thumbs:

FYI, when shopping around for my radix, I found a place that would do the install, cost of the unit, dyno runs with tuning for $6k. I spent 4900 and did it myself.

:thumbs:

I just got an email from a motor shop saying they will install a radix for $850.  They quoted me a price of $4895 for the SC + $200 for the warranty.

I have a question for those of you who have done an install yourself.  How hard is it to install this kit?  Is it worth the $850 to have them do it?  I guess if I want the warranty I have to have someone who is certified do it for me.

:thumbs: You could probably do the install yourself. Bear in mind, the warranty is good only if you don't change anything from the way it comes from Mag, pulley, tune, ect. It's almost impossible to leave it alone. :chevy:

does anybody have a link to where i can download the instructions for the '03 SS?  i downloaded a .pdf from tbyrne's site, but it dosn't look like that is the one for my truck.  thanks.

I believe the magna charger website has a printable version.

Here's the PDF with instructions for 03-04 trucks:

http://www.magnacharger.com/pdf/manual06.pdf

And I agree with all those stated here. Install yourself, it really is not difficult at all. Just make sure you have a buddy that you can borrow for a few minutes to lower the blower into place. :thumbs:

Well, that settles it. I'll do the install myself. Are there any special tools that I may need? I'll take a look at the PDF from magnacharger and see what they recommend. Thanks for the input. :thumbs:

Depends what you call special.

I'd say you need all of the basic hand tools and a good torque wrench. in-lbs as well as ft-lbs. There were some little special tools like an inverted #? torx socket or something. I improvised with that :D

The instructions list all that you will need.

Archived