Nelson Radix VS Stock Radix

6.0ss

As some of you know, my PCM was locked from nelson and I requsted that he send me an unlocked PCM to work with, He sent me a stock radix tune for the truck unlocked, I plugged it in last night and ohh my god was it faster than His "custom" Tune! :D

I am excited now, the truck is really moving well and I have my HPT 2.0 coming on monday!!

Joe

I asked Johan from Diablo sport If he could tune my blower"when I get one" by email.He said the stock tune from the magna charger has stuff in it that he would never do.His tune for my n/a set up has been great from day 1.When I get my blower Iam going to have him tune it :devil::chevy::driving:

so, are you saying Nelson did a mail order Radix tune for you that was better than the super chips tune?  :dunno:

I believe he is saying the opposite.

The "stock Radix tune" from Magna is decent for an otherwise stock truck. With more modified engines, the tune can be improved to take advantage of the additional mods. However, it is not easy to do this via mail order. A tuner really needs to work with the vehicle in person to get the best out of a tune. Experienced tuners can often get close with their "best guess" on a mail order tune. But, several iterations of tune/scan/retune are usually needed to optimize a particular vehicle.

so, are you saying Nelson did a mail order Radix tune for you that was better than the super chips tune?   :dunno:

I believe he is saying the opposite.

The "stock Radix tune" from Magna is decent for an otherwise stock truck. With more modified engines, the tune can be improved to take advantage of the additional mods. However, it is not easy to do this via mail order. A tuner really needs to work with the vehicle in person to get the best out of a tune. Experienced tuners can often get close with their "best guess" on a mail order tune. But, several iterations of tune/scan/retune are usually needed to optimize a particular vehicle.

gotcha, thanks. :thumbs:

sucks living here, no good tuners around that i know of. mail order is the only option.

gotcha, thanks.   :thumbs:

sucks living here, no good tuners around that i know of.  mail order is the only option.

Doesn't that PCM4Less guy live in PA?

yeah, but like 4 hours away on the other side of the state :tear:

sucks living here, no good tuners around that i know of.  mail order is the only option.

That would be a no-brainer to me, I would do it, and make a day of it.

That would be a no-brainer to me, I would do it, and make a day of it.

I would too. :thumbs: I've got his mail order radix tune and it rocks.

Update on This Stock Radix Tune.

Although the Stock radix tune is faster smoother and has better throttle response than Nelson's "custom Tune" It does suck the gas much faster.

Nelson Tune was 13.8 - 14.1 around town,

Stock Radix Tune last tank was 11.3 MPG

That is quite a difference, but some of that could be because I can't keep my foot out of it now!!

Nelson is crap. :sick: Overpriced and poor customer service. I have PCM4Less and couldn't be happier. My ols escalade was tuned by Nelson and I swear it performed better in the stock version. I also saw a fuel eff. loss with the tune.

Archived