soft shifting

waxed my truck today with DER stuff, works great.

i had the radio playing and my battery went dead after awhile. I hooked up my charger, and got the truck running again, but i think i may have lost my pcm4less custom tune? The power still seems to be there, but the 1st to 2nd gear shift seems too soft. Also, my alarm is jacked up now, but thats a whole different story. is it possible i lost my tune, or partially lost my tune?

i had the same thing with my tune :banghead: i do not remember exactly what causes that but i think it was something to do with the pcm like relearning or something i read somewhere when first installed mine had firm shifts but over time they softened up.

you can disrupt a tune since it's only a software program. this is no different than having a file error on your pc. more than likely though you simply had the trans adapts reset to zero when you did that. if you drive it real hard for a hundred miles or so it'll come back. i can assure you though that your tune didn't revert back to stock. once you have a computer flashed, it no longer knows what stock is.

Archived