Uhaul

How much for a big one that i can tow. Also if i go to onme place do i have to drop it back off at the same place or what. Ill be towing one with a 99 chevy silverado z71 short bed reg cab 5.3 auto keep that in mind for how big i need to move alot of stuff so i will need to take 2 or 3 trips

IMHO, you may just want to rent one of their huge Hunks Of Junks as a one way rental. Skip the trailer, rent the truck. You can get it all in one trip.

Also, I moved my mother from MN back to MA. We went through PENSKE. It was about $300.00 USD cheaper than Uhaul.

Also, if you rent the big truck. Get a car dolly for your wife's Monte, and have her drive your truck..... :D

IMHO, you may just want to rent one of their huge Hunks Of Junks as a one way rental.  Skip the trailer, rent the truck.  You can get it all in one trip.

Also, I moved my mother from MN back to MA.  We went through PENSKE.  It was about $300.00 USD cheaper than Uhaul.

Also, if you rent the big truck.  Get a car dolly for your wife's Monte, and have her drive your truck.....  :D

:withstupid:

pay the extra for a 24-28' box truck and only make one trip..

:seeya:

if you only take the trailer one way it s almost $200 for a dual axle trailer and you have to return to u haul in that area. I did it and had to make two trips. It might pay off to rent a whole truck. If you bring the trailer back on the same day it s alot cheaper. Call and they will give the info on the phone.

For a quote check out: www.uhaul.com they'll make you jump through some hoops (asking for various info. etc.).

I worked for Uhaul throughout college. Regardless what company you decide to go with, check out the tires of any rental vehicle/trailer you rent. I have seen first hand horror stories (involving over worn tires, and MANY other problems) of people driving across country and locally and breaking down, accidents, etc.

I won't go into a rant or slander the hell outta Uhaul (b/c after like 3-4yrs working for them believe me, I could), just be careful who you trust you and familys lives and possessitions to. The people that work there are supposed to check the tires, clearence lights, turn signals, etc. but it doesn't always happen.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

IMHO, you may just want to rent one of their huge Hunks Of Junks as a one way rental.  Skip the trailer, rent the truck.  You can get it all in one trip.

Also, I moved my mother from MN back to MA.  We went through PENSKE.  It was about $300.00 USD cheaper than Uhaul.

Also, if you rent the big truck.  Get a car dolly for your wife's Monte, and have her drive your truck.....  :D

:withstupid:

Yep the big truck is definatly imho the best way to go.... I moved my ex last year and it paid off to rent the biggest 1984, 3 speed, piece of crap, with push button knobby knob stereo they have.... but we did it all in one trip car and all.... she had a 4 bedroom house full of stchuff.... :chevy:

P.S. that liftgate is a lifesaver...

Archived