What are Common Warranty Issues?

I CORNER

OK. The speedo on my truck has failed and I have some noticeable (but not extreme) gear whine that could be from front or back. My truck has 700 miles left on 36K warranty and I have stopped driving it until I can take time off to get the speedo cluster replaced. I had the intermediate steering shaft replaced at 31K miles and it is still OK. The tailgate cables replaced under recall.

I need your help to identify the common warranty problems that I should claim, so I can hopefully preclude new problems recurring at 37K miles.

Is there a list of common warranty claims on this board somewhere or that you know of.

Rick R

some common ones are wind noise from the rear windows/doors, tcase growling that say its normal :icon_bs: i think the biggest and the most $$$ to fix is the frount/rear diff.

i had mine both replaced and some had to have bearings replaced to stop the wine at 40-60 mph. that off the top of my head just got in from working :crazy:

good luck ...... see if you can buy a extended warrenty from gm before yours runs out :dunno:

:seeya:

Thanks.

My original intermediate steering shaft did not go bad until about 31K miles. Do you guys off-road alot? Chevy told me that part was redesigned, but I am reading alot of repeat replacements here, which either indicate some dealers are unloading their old defective replacement shafts to drum up warranty work or the new shafts are not redesigned as GM claims.

Dumb question. I did not know GM would still let you get the warranty after the 1st year. They always mail you stuff saying last chance the 1st year and then you never hear from them again. I assumed that with my Z28, Impala SS and now the SSS. It looks like the lower reliability of the SSS justifies the extra warranty cost.

Rick R

Thanks.

My original intermediate steering shaft did not go bad until about 31K miles.  Do you guys off-road alot?  Chevy told me that part was redesigned, but I am reading alot of repeat replacements here, which either indicate some dealers are unloading their old defective replacement shafts to drum up warranty work or the new shafts are not redesigned as GM claims.

Dumb question.  I did not know GM would still let you get the warranty after the 1st year.  They always mail you stuff saying last chance the 1st year and then you never hear from them again.  I assumed that with my Z28, Impala SS and now the SSS.  It looks like the lower reliability of the SSS justifies the extra warranty cost.

Rick R

AFAIK you can get the warranty right up until 35,999 miles, it just costs a little more if you buy it later.

Archived