Milage with Radix

Luke

What kind of milage are you Radix guys getting? I'm getting about 17 MPG right now with a CAI and Bryan's tune. Should I expect to see a drop in milage?

Also, I have a 160 deg stat. Does the programer that comes with the kit allow you to adjust for a 160 deg stat. or other mods?

The only thing that is stopping me from getting one is possibly the loss of fuel efficency and overall reliablity. I put on about 500 miles a week. Is this SC designed to last for the life of the engine (100K)?

45K on my Radix. Highway MPG will remain the same. Stop and go driving will go down some, I get 12-13 MPG around town. But that is more about how much fun it is to floor it :D The Radix really does not reduce your MPGs, it just allows you to get worse MPG if you can't control you foot :D So the reality is, you will get worse MPG, because you can't stop yourself from using the extra power.

Unless you get Bryan to make you a new tune, it will be overwritten by the tune that comes with the Radix. The tune that comes with the Radix is not adjustable in any way.

If you can afford it, just go get it. You won't be sorry :driving:

Dang, I've really got the itch now. I have the money, so I don't know what I'm waiting for. I'll let you know when I take the plunge. Thanks for the input guys.

My mileage did not change - well, wait, it actually got better, because the stock Superchips tune that came with the Radix was more efficient than the factory tune from GM. I consistently got 19.5 - 19.7 MPG on the freeway after the Radix install (until I swapped my 3.73's for 4.10's). Not bad for a 5800 lb vehicle.

The tune that comes with the Radix is not adjustable in any way.

Hmm, I don't quite understand this. I have HP Tuners and I have adjusted and modified a few things in the tune that came with the Radix....mostly shift properties and top speed settings, but I have modified it nonetheless.

What I was trying to say, is that the tune that comes with the Radix does not have any adjustments on the hand held tuner that they use as a downloader. Some people get the idea that because it comes on a hand held tuner like device, that it can be adjusted with it. You can certainly use LS1Edit or similar programs to download, modifyand upload the stock Radix tune.

I'm close to a couple of the guys above. I get about 13 city and 17 highway. City probably would be better but I have a heavier foot now that Zippy tuned the truck to run well. I guess I can blame him... :chevy:

Archived