Why me

mjdxtreme

So I went for a drive to the mountians last night with my girlfriend and when we get to where we re going I turn off the main road and onto a dirt trail to get off the main highway and as I come to a stop I see all this smoke/steam billowing out from under the hood. Thinking my baby is on fire I jump out pop the hood and out comes all my coolant. WHen the steam clears I see the my coolant overflow tank has no cap. NOw the truck is overheating and she is stuck on the mountain. needless to say I have yet to see a low coolant light or engine overheating warning light. I am on my way with a cap from a buddies truck and some coolant just to try to get her home. This sucks. Hopefully there are no other problems other than low coolant and a missing cap. Well off to try to get her home.

I just got it back form the shop on friday so I beleive that it is thier fault and I am going to get it back there and fix everything. When I noticed the steam comming from under the hood the temp was like 235-240 or so. I dont look at my temp guage that much especially since it was like 33degrees where T went. I just got back from picking her up I put three gallons of antifreeze/dex-cool and put a cover that I took off of a friends truck just to get her home. She will be driven the the dealer tomorrow for a complete radiator fush, detail of engine bay and exterior of vehicle. The funny part is why would they have messed with the coolant cover it was only in for a squeel in the stearing coloum. She did seem to run fine comming home though and never got above 205.

Archived