Hooker Aero chamber

diggler_d

this is the prototype

Diggler performance catback :crackup::crackup:

just kidding but this is my new muffler installed

this a straght thru muffler will little to no resonance while driving

couldn't get the stock tail pipe fit right now but i am working on it!

dumped it for now

felt some extra power (butt dyno horepower) finally spun them on wet pavement!!!

sounds awesome too!

yeah i got the same thing with the stock tip and everything attached. Basically you need a 45 degree bend to go from the exit of the aerochamber to stock exit after you cut it at the Y where the stocker turns into the single out. I get a horrible resonance when at 1800-2300rpm rang when just cruisin though and have been meaning to just dump it but never got around to it. with it dumped like you have it, there is no interior noise really? Other than that it sounds awesome

EDIT: you dont have an SSS do ya? Is that single in single out then??

i have never heard that muffler, hey in your sig it says retrofited hid's, do you have any pics of that? ofr how you did it? inquiring minds want to know pm with the details !

i used the xexons out of a 2001 bmw 5 series

the bulbs won't work until you cut them like a 9006 stock bulb

because they are round

i would buy a aftermarket kit that the bulbs are smaller and fit better

i dont have any room due to the connector is huge and on the back of the bulb

the aftermarket kit is the same control module but the bulbs fit better and have way more clearance.

dustyn

diggler i would recommend that you dont put the rear exit on if you dont have any interior noise now, why fix what isnt broke ya know. I have the same set-up with the exit on and the interior gets very annoying like i said before. Is there really no interior noise? Or are you just to happy that it sounds bad ass and havent acutally cruised in it yet without going WOT??

Please don't flame me up, ...... but has anyone heard a Aero Turbine muffler yet? They sound killer on a 5.7 litre, don't know what they would sound like on an SS but I'm dying to hear one. They have sound clips on the website I believe, check 'em out....

<http://www.performancecombos.com/product_p/at4040.htm>

This place tells about the diesel application, but they are just as nice on gasoline engines! I'm not sure if the price is a little too high, but if they sound good, don't resonate, and last forever they may just be worth it!

Take this man's advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I ran my dual Magnaflows with a custom Y-pipe into the stock rear section...and the resonance was HORRIBLE. So bad I put the stock muffler back on.

Got to thinking about it, decided to try a different tip setup, see if that helped...so I put the Magnaflows back on, and left them dumped while I decided what I wanted to to about tips...and the resonance is GONE, sound is a TON better.

So...keep it dumped, or run it out before the tire...but using that big-ass 3.5" stock rear section WILL most likely cause you to not like the sound anymore.

- Brian

Take this man's advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I ran my dual Magnaflows with a custom Y-pipe into the stock rear section...and the resonance was HORRIBLE.  So bad I put the stock muffler back on.

Got to thinking about it, decided to try a different tip setup, see if that helped...so I put the Magnaflows back on, and left them dumped while I decided what I wanted to to about tips...and the resonance is GONE, sound is a TON better.

So...keep it dumped, or run it out before the tire...but using that big-ass 3.5" stock rear section WILL most likely cause you to not like the sound anymore.

- Brian

thanks guys

good to know

i was really worried about resonance i was going to go with a corsa just so

it would be quiet while cruising

resonace is horrible and i wanted to avoid it as much as possible

there is very little or no resonance now and i had it on for a week now

this was pretty good deal for 65 bucks from summit and 60 to have it installed

much better than 650 for a corsa system

just my .02

dustyn

i had the hooker aero chamber before i gave it to fox forma......there is definatly some resonance. not at bad ad the super 40s i had albeit. it sounds awesome though, especially cat less.

how you liking them after a few months by the way fox?

todd

i really like it except for the resonance at the 1800-2300rpm range when just cruising, as long as i have my foot in it there is none. The rear exit is getting cut off tomorrow and the turn down in going on so we'll see what happens. Other than that the sound of it at WOT is just insane. I believe i still owe you a beer as well, haha

well i just went over to my buddies shop and had that sucker cut off and the turn down bolted on, i got slip over turn down so i could U-clamp just in case. Well right when i started it up i thought i was in trouble cause it was louder, but low and behold, there is no noise in cab anymore at all and it is awesome. Wish i would of did this a while ago when i originally planned to. It also seems like the truck isnt under load anymore and isnt trying to figure out which gear it should be in when it goes from 3rd to 4th, its a lot smoother and man when that sucker is at WOT it is loud, a lil different tone from when the stock exit was on but bad ass. Now it doesnt sound like i have a ricer in the passenger seat with me when just cruisin. I alos angled the turn down a lil to the side instead of straight down, dont know if it matters but i am never going back to stock. Sorry for the long post

Archived