1st - 2ed is lagging?

to much power and not enough transmission!

id look into a shift kit . but this may not be your problem, does it hit the rev limiter and bounc ea few times before the shift? or does it just seem to slip?

No bouncing but it does hit the rev limiter. Yes i agree with you on the shift kit and servo upgrade.. just making sure this was "normal" condition after Radix.

Bowtie70SS it would bring a tear to my eye to hear my tires chirping from 1st - 2ed :driving: maybe someday. :D

GIjay... This is a common problem when a power adder is installed on our trucks. Several way to resolve it as others have said, but it something that should be addressed.

1. A custom tune can help this by removing the Torque Management in the program and bumping line pressure.

2. Install a shift kit with servos and a custom tune. This can help a lot.

In my case it was a combination of Rev limit, shift timing, and correct pressure with a shift kit that resolved all my problems.

Check with Joe @ Jag performance or with Zippy if you want to do a shift kit.

Later

CD

Thanks for laying it out for me CD... I'm just getting my feet wet when it comes to doing any kind of work to my truck/car. I wasn't aware i could do this with only a tune...

I will do a tune as the first step (just found a tuner close to my town)

reason being... I'm driving to Alaska this friday... :driving: If 4k miles is better with the stock tune ... someone pls let me know :cheers:

I have become a SSS junkie over night pretty much.. and the radix was my first ever upgrade by myself... :flag:

Archived