07 Silverado 1500 crew cab tranny.

I'm looking at buying the 07 1500 crew cab with the vortec max 6.2 and I'm already makeing a list of performance mods that must be done. I pull 4000lb 5 days a week and want to know if this tranny can handle it or does it need to be beefed up? I also have a lead foot when not towing. :ughdance:

Where did you get info on that truck? i ahvent heard a thing of them building those. the 07 silverado and sierra(also tb ss) will have the 4l70e trans! it is different than the 65e becuase it has a speed sensor so my guess is the housing may be different to accomidate the sensor. i wonder what parts will fit in the 65 though :confused:

It's going to be the 4l70e witch is the same as the 65 only diffrence is it holds more fluid. This is good because I can use the info from this site for my up grades being it's the same tranny. :thumbs:

they use the same pan, i don't know why or how it's going to hold more fluid. there were some changes to the 70E over the 65E internally.

It's going to be the 4l70e witch is the same as the 65 only diffrence is it holds more fluid. This is good because I can use the info from this site for my up grades being it's the same tranny. :thumbs:

they use the same pan, i don't know why or how it's going to hold more fluid. there were some changes to the 70E over the 65E internally.

I have no clue why it no diffrent then the 65,but thats what GM stated in a press release. I believe the info came from GMinsider.com. Many changes to the new 6.0 after the motors they talk about the trannys and stated no change besides fluid capacity being more. They never said how much more? :confused:

Archived