Automatic lights in our trucks

r8rs4lf

Yesterday when I got off work (7:00am, sun has been up already) my headlights come on and I can't remember if they stayed on or not. I thought it was kind of odd since it was sunny outside already. I would have thought the DRL's would have come on right from the start.

Today when I left for work (about 4:15pm, dusk, but still sunny) my headlights came on again. It's beginning to make me wonder if something is wrong. It seems like my headlight are constantly on now.

Is there something I can do? I was thinking of flashing a bright light on that sensor to see if the DRL's would come on.

TIA

Late- Alex

I know it works on 05's-wondering about the others.

Who knows how to have DRL's and running/parking lights on at the same time?

I already know the ans---just seeing if anyone else with an 05 figured it out yet...

Thats a pretty good rain/fog configuration...

I do know how to disable the headlights on the older trucks (before the headlight switch had the off position)...you had to push in the interior light over ride button like 3 or 4 times, and that would shut them off.....(had to show one of the techs at the dealership that one day...).

• 2 years later...
I do know how to disable the headlights on the older trucks (before the headlight switch had the off position)...you had to push in the interior light over ride button like 3 or 4 times, and that would shut them off.....(had to show one of the techs at the dealership that one day...).

will that turn off my HEadlights on my 99 5.3?????

post-12619-1208114534_thumb.jpg

I know it works on 05's-wondering about the others.

Who knows how to have DRL's and running/parking lights on at the same time?

I already know the ans---just seeing if anyone else with an 05 figured it out yet...

Thats a pretty good rain/fog configuration...

You could probably do it with a diode, like I did to keep my lows and highs on at the same time when my brights are on.

Archived