Power peak curves with bolt on's?

orlando

Torque peak RPM is dictated mainly by crank stroke + intake + head + cam + exhaust design. In 'minor bolt-ons' the only thing that you consider changing are manifolds, and the LQ9 intake is already a pretty good performer so your question then becomes "if I change exhaust will that change my torque peak RPM" - and the answer is a definite yes. Headers are tuned to work in specific RPM ranges. In my SS I have the stock manifolds with Corsa cat-back, and while I have no dyno sheet to prove it I can say for certain that the torque peak went upwards 200-300 RPM.

Mr. P.

Torque peak RPM is dictated mainly by crank stroke + intake + head + cam + exhaust design.  In 'minor bolt-ons' the only thing that you consider changing are manifolds, and the LQ9 intake is already a pretty good performer so your question then becomes "if I change exhaust will that change my torque peak RPM" - and the answer is a definite yes.  Headers are tuned to work in specific RPM ranges.  In my SS I have the stock manifolds with Corsa cat-back, and while I have no dyno sheet to prove it I can say for certain that the torque peak went upwards 200-300 RPM.

Mr. P.

When I say basic bolt on's I mean cold air intake,cat back,tune. I whould like to see the dynos side by side I have the stock dyno. I whould think the peak whould hit faster do to the better breathing and tune? :cheers: It's fight night,UFC on pay per view tonight at 10:00. It's going to be good. :ughdance:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived