PCM 4 LESS!

orlando

the LQ9 is recomended to run 91 octane or higher from the factory. tuning for 89 octane would just be a liability.

:withstupid:

And in the long run, doesn't really save you that much money.

:withstupid:

Buy a Motorcycle to help with gas, that is what I have done. I drive the truck to work in the morning and the bike when I go back after lunch.

Wondering if he provides dual tunes that automatically adjusts for octane? Did a search but you guys seem to get only HOT TUNES. :dunno:

Yes Bryan does dual tunes. I have one. The hot 93 tune is better but the dual tune does allow for 89 oct incase you cant get 93 for whatever reason. I use mine as a daily driver and the small loss is ok with me.

i always put the same type of capabilities into my programming so that you can run 87 octane if neccessary. the reason i do this though is because there may be times on a road trip when that's all that's available. the downside to this is from testing on 87 octane you also lose milage this defeats the whole purpose of saving money by running cheaper fuel. i have not tried this with 89 octane though.

my 89 portion of the tune does well on milage in the 15-1800 rpm range. I lost a small amount of performance with the 89-93 tune but nothing that really concerns me. The truck is still faster than most people give it credit for. It's not an animal just fun. :D

Archived