Why buy a silerado SS?????????????

orlando

Let's just say I'm no troll or trying to start anything in any way I'm a chevy guy and have alwas been one! I was driveing down the road and was thinking about this site and was wondering what people find appealing about the SS besides the look? Heres what I have noticed, From reading hundreds of threads in the past three days or more is most whould rather not have all wheel drive unless you live up north and use it for a daily driver in the winter and need it,why no option to order two wheel drive if thats what you want . Second thing is it's under powered 345 and 380tq for a performance truck in my oppinion and I think most agree with that, at 5,298lb truck the 0-60 time is 6.6 with no brake tq is that performance. Third is the price anywhere from 38,000 to 40,244 and with it needing a supercharger and tranny rebuild to make it reliable and competitive in the performance market it brings the price to around 46,000 or more . So let's here your reason for buying this truck. :pop:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes ... most would have bought 2wd ... but the smart ones would buy AWD ....

Remember it is a performance TRUCK ... not a performance vehilce ... I don't consider most of the sport trucks ... actually trucks ... If I can't haul/tow/offroad in it ... it aint a truck

Of course the original SS's only came loaded to the gills ... limited production ... no advertising or promotion ... those by themselves forces people to group together. The comfort is undeniable and the power is enough to keep most faces light up with a smile.

Basically it is a blend of the cadillac ride, the power of a work truck, and the styling of a sport vehicle.

The SS is different, you dont really see too many of them, thats the main reason i got one. Being 19 i wanted something kinda sporty, it was either this or a duramax, i felt ill get the diesel when im a bit older and ill have my fun now. It is also a performance truck that is practical at least for me, you can haul some pretty heavy stuff with it no problem and have no issues driving it in the winter if its your only car. my advice is to take one for a test drive, u most likely end up buying it. :seeya:

Some other feelings at 5:00 am. What was GM thinking going to a rear wheel drive truck in 05 with no option for the all wheel drive,just look at the map, more then half live in northern states that bought the SS and now it's about time to trade in and no more have alwheel drive truck,this will force most to buy something else that does. You can't please every one but why leave out thoes folks up north that don't want two cars or don't have the room for two. I love the look of the 03-05 very nice looking stock but this 06 with the HD hood has me baffled,now the first mod will be to buy a new hood. Thats just my oppion you may feel diffrent? I see why GM just laid off 30,000 workers yesterday there going backwards not forwards. I'm really hopeing this changes for 07. And now with newest SS blazer in the show room people are saying it has cheap plastic. I sure hope things change or I'll even have to go to a diffrent brand. Piece out and have safe happy thanks giveing to all. :pop:

why did I buy the SSS?

I drove a Harley F150 first, fast, interior looked nice-dealer said no deals-sticker prices only, 'we'll sell them' he told me. ok

I walked across the street and saw my SSS, and test drove her, the level of refinement was amazingly different, this was the caddy of trucks! Then I got a great( read:good) deal and the rest is AWD history.

Underpowered-I dont mind, she still hauls a@$. And w/my new shift kit and torque converter she ride better, and I will leave a dodge in the dust :D

Trans problems, I guess I drive mine on the soft side. I have talked to some trans experts and was told how the trans does not like certain driving, so I try not to do those things that stress the trans and I put in the kit which should lengthen the life of my trans. Plus this huge supercooler I am mounting :devil:

The last reason is I never have seen one for sale in the paper, seldom see them at the dealer, and hardly ever when I am out and that is what I need in a car/truck something you dont see all the time.

well keep reading about these trucks or go get one and get driving one and you will see why we have them and why we share [email protected]. it is a SSS family:driving:

I needed a truck that could tow my 240SX + trailer...

Regular cab is rediculous for a truck...me, my wife, and our dog (R.I.P.) didn't fit in a Lightning...and honestly, I don't NEED the fastest truck on the road.

The F150 ext. cab was allright...but felt anemic.

So while I didn't want/need a SUPER-FAST truck...I can't stand driving a truck that can't get out of it's own way, and I needed an ext. cab with a full size bed.

Then there's looks...the SSS is a GREAT looking truck in stock form. Better than a quad-cab F150 with a couple sticker on it...!

And most of us DID NOT pay +40,000 for these trucks...even new, guys paid ~35,000 BEFORE the Chevy employee discount program.

I bought EXACTLY what I wanted/needed...a sporty truck with great looks, and the ability to tow. The AWD is cool, but I could live without it here in FL...

BTW, this thread is like asking why somone would spend ~$65,000 on a new Z06...I could build a '04 Z06 to be faster on a track (road course), have more power, and still save $20,000 compared the the new one...but people are paying $25,000 over MSRP to have the 1st ones to hit the street!!!!

- Brian

Archived