Need opinions

Aspentaylor

Well I decided to keep my truck and pay it off with the settlement money I get for my lemon law case. Now I need to do some work on it. Can you all give me some hints on the following. I did some searches, but I want to see other suggestions.

I could not find this on the forum-How to install a billet grill...?

What is a good product to help remove minor scratches and paint?

What is the name of a high quality wax?

What type of spray-in liner do you all recommend?

That is all for now. I have a bunch of work to do on a warm day. woo hoo! Thanks in advance for the help. I hate searching. I can never find what I want. Although I did find Dylans "how to" for DER. That will come in handy! :)

Hey Aspen, Glad to hear that you got settlement. I was wondering about that the other day.

On the Wax, I use all Meguiar's products. Get the Scratch-X for the minor problems, and the NXT Tech wax. It goes on and comes of easy. You may want to do the Clay Bar before the Wax. It sure makes a difference.

I have the Line-X bed liner and this is my second truck with the product. I think it is Great.

Hope this will get you started.

CD

Well I decided to keep my truck and pay it off with the settlement money I get for my lemon law case.  Now I need to do some work on it.  Can you all give me some hints on the following.  I did some searches, but I want to see other suggestions.

I could not find this on the forum-How to install a billet grill...?

What is a good product to help remove minor scratches and paint?

What is the name of a high quality wax?

What type of spray-in liner do you all recommend?

That is all for now.  I have a bunch of work to do on a warm day.  woo hoo!  Thanks in advance for the help.  I hate searching.  I can never find what I want.  Although I did find Dylans "how to" for DER.  That will come in handy!  :)

Most Billet grilles come with instructions. Really easy unless you chose the cut-out method which is a bit more work. For minor scratches, I would say Meguiar's, the black Turtle Wax, or try claying. The nicest wax I have seen is the Gold Class Liquid from Meguiar's. A bit on the high side however. As far as a liner goes, I have Rhino. It isn't bad, but faded because I had it before I got the cover. It is quite durable. Only problem with it is that if you have to get something fixed that you have to go back to where you got it. Any Line-X dealer will fix a chip or anything if you have Line-X.

Good Luck. :cheers:

My grill did not come with instructions so I need to figure out how to install it somehow. Unfortunately I did not get the settlement yet. The GM rep is being an a$$! Luckily I have two ways out....GM will settle or I sue my attorneys for malpractice. So far they have managed to completely wreck my case from filing motions late to hiring an expert that has no idea what he is doing. My case is cut and dry. Anyways that is the long and short of it. Now I just want to get my truck all nice and pretty again. I let it go for a while b/c of the suit. Thanks in advance for all of your opinions. I'll definitely post pics when I get the SS back in the condition I want it.

What grill did you get?

For most, you would take off the entire front clip which involves removing the plastic piece right in the front and the little plastic pins and unclipping it. From there, the grille should fit over the stock and have a sort of clamping or locking device in the back. For the middle piece on the bottom, the stock one comes out with the same little plastic pins, and the grille you have goes right back in. The vents should slide in and also have something in the back to hold them in there, but you do not need to take them off. If anything, look at the website from the manufacturer.

there is always the good old link of Infinite Wisdom

I have already visited that link that is why I said I am looking for other suggestions. Plus there are a lot of newer people that might have other ideas.

Oh and what is up with the fat kid? That is hilarious.

Unless you found a solution for the battery .... I would get rid of that POS (lemon).

If you tell us what type of hardware ( or picture ) you have it would be easier to help you with installation instructions, for the most part they are pretty easy.

Good luck with your situation.

I would try to visit Trenz or Carriage Works websites (if they have one) and see if they have downloadable instructions. They should all "basically" attach the same way and if they have pics of the hardware that should been applied, maybe it will become clear.

I would agree with McGuire's scratch-x for minor problems. It also does wonders on hard to remove water spots and paint.

I wouldn't recommend a wax, but a polish instead. Do a search for Zaino on here and you'll come back with more than you can handle. It is the longest lasting, water beading quality stuff I have ever used. My climate in FL, where it rained nearly everyday during the summer and every other day durinf other seasons really put it to the test over a period of 9months and it beaded like the first day I put it on. Works really well if applied like they say to do it. It can be found here Zaino.

Archived