Mid 13s in the quarter mile

orlando

I'm not trying to go nuts,but will do what ever it takes to get me there. I'm thinking I'll need more then just a supercharger? Does any one here have a mid 13sec SS? Or know what it will take to get me there? I need my SS to beat a stock 06 mustang GT. I'm trying to figure the price of the mods and add that to the price of the truck. :cheers:

You can look at my mod list.. most of the stuff is not necessary, but a supercharger, and Stall converter will get you right there. Just to put a cheap icing on the cake, get a smaller pully and a cusom tune for the charger and you should be good to go.

You could do it the NA route too. A few guys have done cam, stall, exaust tune and some other things to get real close to that.

You can look at my mod list.. most of the stuff is not necessary, but a supercharger, and Stall converter will get you right there.  Just to put a cheap icing on the cake, get a smaller pully and a cusom tune for the charger and you should be good to go.

You could do it the NA route too.  A few guys have done cam, stall, exaust tune and some other things to get real close to that.

I need to check into that! 5,000 can buy alot of engine mods. Even though a supercharger is the quik fix. Is one way better then the other? :dunno:

you can search the different types of s/c.. they have been discussed countless times... basically it all depends on what your goals are... for you, im guesing you want a quick but very streetable truck.. i think many would agree that the radix would be the option for you. Along with a converter and a good tune, you should be well into the 13s.

Also in the strip section, you can check the times of other members along with their mods.

I agree with BenKey, although I would add a shift kit to his formula. You don't need a blower to get into the mid 13's on stock cubes. The right heads + cam would probably get you to your goals, too.

Go with F/I or a stroker when you've got more to spend and are shooting for the 12's. :D

i agree with ben. my price was with labor though. if you did all the work yourself you could do it for less than 2k would be my guess. a blower with good tuning will get you there though if you add a mild converter and shift kit.

Archived