Someone has too much time on there hands!!!

bennytheflash

Turns out that this guy only lives about 15 minutes from me. I may have to swing by and check it out. He has a lo power FM transmitter that broadcasts to your car stereo. He actually works for the same company I do as a engineer. He was interviewed in the paper and on the Today Show...he said it took 3 hours of programming per minute of music, and the song is 12 minutes long! Wow, that dosen't even include putting the lights up. He also said about 300 people drove by Friday night, how'd you like to be his neighbor? Your street would be a little busy. Later

Dave

from the article

This display was the work of Carson Williams, a Mason, Ohio, electrical engineer who spent about three hours sequencing the 88 Light-O-Rama channels that controlled the 16,000 Christmas lights in his annual holiday lighting spectacular (from Christmas 2004). His 2005 display includes over 25,000 lights that he spendt nearly two months hooking up. So that the Williams' neighbors aren't disturbed by constant noise, viewers driving by the house are informed by signs to tune in to a signal broadcast over a low-power FM radio station to hear the musical accompaniment.

Archived