New Comp Cams for trucks

they can also work with you to build a custom grind and matched components.  i have been working with them on a cam to work with a turbo setup.  they are real helpful over there

Yep, they are helpful. But, call one day and call back the next and if you don't get the same person, you will get multiple recs. You can get that even if you get the same guy. That's why I don't like using them. Ask them once how much power they are making on the cam they recommend, or ask if they know what it did for someone else. Answers will vary greatly.

The company is too large for my taste to get a solid recommendation. Most are fairly generic and will work on a number of vehicles. I would get a rec from someone who had a solid reputation and at the most ask them to cut it. Other than that, I personally wouldn't use them.

The guys that do well at your local track in one of the series' that come through are not calling Comp for their recommendations. They're either getting that info from their own heads or from the guy that builds the motors for them.

Not saying their products are not solid in the hp department, just would want something more specific or custom, for my vehicle and my type of motor (gen III/LSx).

it would have been nice for them to give the spec's of these new cams.

Yea, it definitely would have...but 02Reaper was able to find a link with that info...I typed them in quickly here:

54-450-11 XFI260HR15 206/212 .513/.520 115

54-451-11 XFI261HR15 208/212 .554/.558 115

54-452-11 XFI266HR15 212/216 .520/.524 115

Or you can copy and paste this link into your internet browser address bar for a more detailed description: http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Catalogs...='comp%20ca ms%205445211'

(That first cam is basically the cam I have now, only on a 115 instead of a 114 like mine...and my intake lift is .515 instead of .513)

*EDIT* Link works, can just clicky :) (it had to be copied and pasted at PT.net)

the second one would be a decent low end torque kind of cam. the third though needs more lift.  :confused:

I was thinking the same thing...why put the nice tall lift into the 208/212 cam, then make the lift so low in the 212/216 cam?

I also found it odd that they list the 2nd cam as a 6.0 cam only...

Archived