need help

rickgt1

I have two problems.

1. My radio only comes on when my truck is running, not in the ac positions.

2. My amp stays on when my truck is off, even after the door is open.

If anyone has the solution to fix these, please be come to my aid, its driving me crazy.

thanks

not sure about the radio not turning on when in the AC postion but ther problem with your amp is pretty common. I assume you have an aftermarket amp to power subs?? If so did you splice into the pink wire as the remote line? If you did this is part of the radio theft thingy so your amp will turn on and off for a little then will stop. See if your amp turns on and off when the lil red light on the dash or radio flashes, cant remember which one it is but its hard to miss.

I am assuming that you have an aftermarket radio? This happens once in a while. The way around it is to set up your Remote turn on on a relay off of your ignition wire. That way it will buypass all of the GM security features that get jazzed up with the pac module. If you have a stock deck, you can do the same thing.

Joe

I changed mine to work like that, I could not stand the stupid Bus system in the truck controling the radio and not turning it off somtimes. So I have my whole system relayed with the key, That way I no longer have to worry about it....

Also, I have a remote start. so when I warm up my truck, and lets say I turn it back off. the radio is not out there cranking for 10 min draning the battery. The Radio won't even turn on with the remote start activated, that way, if I was cranking it when I came home last night, I don't have to worry about waking the neighbors at 5 am the next morning if it forgot to turn it down before I turned it off the night before.

Just helps a few things in my opinion. That was the good...

Now the bad...

There is a small turn off pop that I am working on getting rid of! Don't know where it is coming from,, probably cause the turn off is not delayed but I am working on getting rid of it.

Archived