6 SPEED SSS

dfwSS

DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE COOL TO COVERT YOUR SSS TO A 5-6 MANUAL  

40 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE COOL TO COVERT YOUR SSS TO A 5-6 MANUAL

• YES:
    • NO:

there is no 5 speed 5.3L.

either way, a 6 speed would be fun to play with, but would not be much for performance. this truck is entirely to heavy for a performance manual trans. with this kind of weight dropping the clutch would be a destroyer of parts and trying to roll it out would smoke the clutch. heavy vehicles and manual transmissions just don't go together well.

btw, no CAPS. a full post in all caps is not allowed. :nono:

there is no 5 speed 5.3L.

either way, a 6 speed would be fun to play with, but would not be much for performance. this truck is entirely to heavy for a performance manual trans. with this kind of weight dropping the clutch would be a destroyer of parts and trying to roll it out would smoke the clutch. heavy vehicles and manual transmissions just don't go together well.

btw, no CAPS. a full post in all caps is not allowed.  :nono:

Sorry about the the caps :chevy:

Yes there is a 5.3L 5 speed my freinds 04 regency sport truck (gmc) is a 5.3L 5 speed.

Sorry about the the caps :chevy:

Yes there is a 5.3L 5 speed my freinds 04 regency sport truck (gmc) is a 5.3L 5 speed.

lmao well your friend is lieing you that he has a 5.3 gm has never offered a standard tranny with the 5.3, he is probally ashamed cause he has the little 4.8 :crackup:

ok folks its a regency truck its like a joe gibs i will scan the freekin window sticker and take pics (i have owned 3 5.3l v-8 including the yukon i drive now :banghead:

Archived