My 05 EVO8

pic_082_edited.jpg

I have added blacked out emblems and headlights since this picture was taken.

279691125_l.jpg

Broken at 3100 miles, notice the non-ricer jdm ver7 tails though.

INTAKE & EXHUAST

RSR Downpipe

Greddy EVO2 Catback

HKS RS Intake

ELECTRONICS

UTEC With Remote Map Selector

Blitz SBC ID Boost Controller

ENGINE

GSC Cams (272i, 272e)

MR BOV

APC Oil Breather Filter

LPI UICP

AMS LICP

ARP Head studs

FUEL

SMC Alcohol Injection

Walbro Fuel Pump

TRANSMISSION

EXTERIOR

JDM ver7 Taillights

S2K Antenna

20% Tints

Black Headlights

Black Decal Diamond Emblems

Cooper Weather-Master S/T 2 235/45/17

Painted Black Stock Wheels

SUSPENSION

Tanabe GF 210 Lowering Springs

MODS ON THE WAY

Under Hood 2pc Shifter Bushings

Polyflex Front Motor Mount Bushings

TurboXS Tuner

TUNE

Rally Armor Mud Flaps

Constant Torque Clamps (8)

Lookin good :cool:. My cousin has an evo 8 with the same exhaust, boost controller and a tuboxs type h rfl bov and that thing is lound and f'n fast already! Is your BOV from the evo mr? If so, whats the difference between the ones in the 8 and the mr?

Neways, get some pix up of your ss too!

I have the JDM MR BOV (its the one off the japanese MR) because the USDM evo BOV is made of plastic and begins leaking afer 18psi. I run 29psi on alky, so the stocker just wasn't working out. The JDM MR BOV holds more as it is a metal BOV. It does leak slightly at that high of boost but nothing thats that significant. The evo9s actually now come with the JDM MR BOV which is nice to see.

ok now i understand... Yeah the 9s are nice.. but... i just don't get why they made so many daym differnet trims.... Evo 9, RS, MR... am i missing any? lol.. i mean.. Its an evo... imo they shouldve just made one type of evo, which would be the only trim.... I dont know... :banghead: They are nice though.. Any far ahead future plans of goin bigger with the turbo?

Right now I wanna run the car as is this spring for a season at the track, hopefully get to down to the 11.6 to 11.7 range @ around 118 to 120. Ill need a clutch at some point as well. Then once I get some more miles on the car Ill build the motor and a gt35r which would be good for the 500 to 600whp range. For now though I love the car as it is (makes 378 on pump + alky).

No I bought it new from a dealer, that picture was taken when I broke down in the EVO this summer and I had to tow it back to my shop. The lot is for my body shop and we do a ton of work for the suby/evo/srt4 crowd. We are real big into the customization of the cars.

Nice to see another SS owner with a so called "ricer" haha.  Did you have a gt3076 to get you to 400whp or where you still on stock turbo.

I think I did everything I could except change the turbo. I was modding this car very early in the Evo's life here in america. I had an 03 I bought about 2 months after they became available. Started mods right after break in.

The largest inprovement was 272 cam's, AMS Full 3 inch turbo back with test pipe, larger injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump and lots and lots of tuning.

AMS is getting 600 whp from there big turbo kit!!!!

Archived