Headlights: Stock Vs 12,000 k HIDs

—Bauker™—

Here's where I got them. Great people to deal with. I even worked with them on a warrenty exchange, due to me mounting a ballast in a hotspot (between the battery and fuse box). They were quick and easy to deal with.

http://www.xenonking.com/12000.htm

I am very please with the lights. Although I'm curious what the 16,000 k look like (can't find them anymore). :eek: It's kinda cool driving with these, the higher you go up in kelvin, the closer you approach UV and black light. It's weird to see white objects jump out at you and the different colors of things under these lights. It's a trip. :thumbs:

hey guys i was searchin around for these lights and i came up on this...

its a group buy on another site.. yea i no its an explorer site but hey there cheaper.. check it out... you dont need an explorer to buy them.. and its the same site that bauker got em from.

http://forums.explorerx.com/index.php?showtopic=5904

andrew....

• 3 weeks later...

did they replace your high beams or are most just doing a low beam?? i really think i want to get these but doesnt it look funny with either the low or high beams being a stock light color and the hid color being different? sorry dont know much about the hid kits or how they work. has anyone done a both high and low beam in hid?? also how do hid's compare to just he bulbs you can buy that resemble the hid look?

Im gonna order a kit to do hi's as well....its the same as a lobeam kit.....as far as the bulbs that resemble HID..might as well just buy some APC blue headlights....or something similar....HIDS are worth it..

so your saying to buy two kits? if thats the case bet it will be bright as hell!! think i am going to do the same.. problem is when i buy something for my truck i have to buy something for the fiance's truck too.. hmm desicions..

• 3 weeks later...

The higher you go in K, the less light it will produce. I'm thinking about 8000K. That's what BMW and VW are using also.

I used to have Xenon HeadLights on my BMW, and I'm still missing it.

I found someone overhere who can deliver me a 8000K set for € 279.

Only question. What type of lights do we have? Hx of other number. I found 9006 on that Sylvania site. Is that correct?

thanks

Pascal

The higher you go in K, the less light it will produce.  I'm thinking about 8000K.  That's what BMW and VW are using also.

I used to have Xenon HeadLights on my BMW, and I'm still missing it.

I found someone overhere who can deliver me a 8000K set for € 279.

Only question.  What type of lights do we have?  Hx of other number.  I found 9006 on that Sylvania site.  Is that correct?

OEM HID are 4300k.

thanks

Pascal

Archived