Getting rid of XM for iPod

r8rs4lf

Since everything I've read says that I can't use XM along with an iPod interface with my stock radio, I'm considering getting rid of the XM. Too bad I can't get rid of the 6 cd player instead, wouldn't that make more sense?

Which interface should I buy? Is one better than the other as far as sound quality?

Thanks

Late- Alex

I took a look at the PAC piece and it said it only supported up to 4th generation iPods. That wouldn't be that big of a deal since I have the Nano, but I'm getting the 60gig Video (5th generation) one for Christmas and according to them, that interface doesn't work with it. I guess I'll have to call them and find out for sure, need a price also.

Late- Alex

I took a look at the PAC piece and it said it only supported up to 4th generation iPods. That wouldn't be that big of a deal since I have the Nano, but I'm getting the 60gig Video (5th generation) one for Christmas and according to them, that interface doesn't work with it. I guess I'll have to call them and find out for sure, need a price also.

Late-  Alex

I just got my 5th Gen iPod a month ago (60gb) and the PAC interface works just fine, been using it every day.

I just purchased a Metra GMIP-01 ipod i/f. It lets you keep XM, and displays playlist, track number, artist, track name, album name over the radio display. I got mine on ebay for around $40.

Haven't installed it yet, but here's a link to someone that has:

GMIP-01 install

I'll be installing mine over the holidays, will post back with results/impressions after I'm done.

I couldn't even find the piece on that site. Do you have the direct link for it?

I did find something called Axxess and I doubt that's it. It runs for about $179.00 though. :eek:

Thanks

Late- Alex

EDIT: I guess that's it. It's made by Axxess and is sold in Circuit City. I think I'm going to check it out today.

• 4 weeks later...

Late-  Alex

It worked with my 5th gen iPod, from about the middle of November until this past weekend. I got a message on my radio "CDX Error" and now I'm hearing XM instead of iPod. Anybody else have this problem?

UPDATE: I emailed Pac Audio and they said a similar problem has occurred before... solution is to return the Aux-Box and get another.

Archived