programming shift points

straightss19

thats EXACTLY what mine are set at zippy, although i have a predator... zippy is there any concern with raising shift pressure and/or quickness (firmness)???? there was a post on this earlier but i could not get a deff answer........ thanks

• 3 weeks later...

if you're running with a stock trans and you're using a handheld type unit you can increase the line pressure on the trans without much worry of any problems. i would recomend putting in a metal accumulator piston if you want to do this for very long. the company that does the programmers generally test the amount that they increase the line pressure and it's ok. i do not recomend doing this though if you have a shift kit. the best thing you can do for a trans is to lower it's shift timings, but most handheld units don't offer that as a direct tuning option.

this is about one of the only questions for handheld units that i will keep in here. this question somewhat relates to general programming. other than that, handheld unit questions go in the bolt on mod section.

Archived