got some unwanted pinstriping today

blk02gmc

today when i was about to leave college for xmas break i go out to my truck n find a card from the police...i call it n they say someone hit my truck. i go out n look at it n wipe off the snow n yep there it is somebody lost control n the snow and side swiped my truck, scratching n denting up both doors on the drivers side.

you should be estatic that they filed a report, most people would have just taken off. I once found a note on my 325 that said "The people that just saw me hit your car think I'm leaving my contact information, obviously I am not sorry about you luck" Wasn't much damage but still, that note pissed me off so much I almost added another dent.

My co-worker watched some lady in my office hop into her car yesterday, back out of her spot, and smack the side of the brand new Acura TSL parked right next to her. She hopped out, looked at the damage, then hopped in her car and drove off. That makes 5 incidents (that I know of, 3 were to my truck) in this parking lot by co-workers who hit and ran.

Definitely consider yourself lucky that you got a note. :cool:

Glad to hear it was an honest person. The same thing happened to me in college, except they didn't tell me or leave a note. I found the damage months later when the car got washed. I'm just glad it wasn't that much damage. It's hard to find an honest person in this world :banghead:

today when i was about to leave college for xmas break i go out to my truck n find a card from the police...i call it n they say someone hit my truck. i go out n look at it n wipe off the snow n yep there it is somebody lost control n the snow and side swiped my truck, scratching n denting up both doors on the drivers side.

you should be estatic that they filed a report, most people would have just taken off.  I once found a note on my 325 that said "The people that just saw me hit your car think I'm leaving my contact information, obviously I am not sorry about you luck"  Wasn't much damage but still, that note pissed me off so much I almost added another dent.

that sucks, but it is funny at the same time :crackup:

you should be estatic that they filed a report, most people would have just taken off.  I once found a note on my 325 that said "The people that just saw me hit your car think I'm leaving my contact information, obviously I am not sorry about you luck"  Wasn't much damage but still, that note pissed me off so much I almost added another dent.

that sucks, but it is funny at the same time :crackup:

Thats not Fing funny at all! Heh...no offense, don't mean to be a grinch, I usually can find humor in things that aren't funny, but that isn't funny one bit. When I still had my 2000 Silverado 1500, I parked on the road at my buddies apt. which happens to be just up the road from where I live now. Was in his apt. for maybe 30 minutes, when I came out to my truck (nighttime) I opened my door and it made a horrible squeek sound. I felt around but couldn't find anything. Got home, and in the light of my parents 1500000000000000 watt driveway spotlight, I could see someone hit me right at the joint of the driver side door, dent was horrible, about a foot wide. Of course they didn't leave me a note or anything.

Honestly, wtf is wrong with people these days? People hit you, and don't leave a note, yet the same people would be flipping out if you hit there car. I'm so friggin tired of this area, I see it happen all the time. I went to get a movie at Blockbuster one night about a year ago. I happened to park (in the SS) about 3 spaces away from a brand new Cobra Mustang. Even though I don't like them, it was very nice looking, and you could tell it was washed/waxed that day, or the day before. I go into blockbuster, get my movie, and start heading to my truck. I see some retard teenagers pull up and park next to the mustang in some POS beater. Kid in the back (4door) whips his door open, and smacks hard into the mustang. The other 3 passengers laugh, one of them looks at the stang, see's it's damaged, so the kids moved the car to another space. I spent 20 minutes going from store to store in the shopping center looking for the owner. I would walk into the stores (other then a staples, all were small stores like Starbucks, Blockbuster, a Desert Moon Cafe, etc. yelling loudly "Does anyone own the nice Black Cobra Mustang in the parking lot??" I never found the owner unfortunatly, so I left a note on the windshield saying I witnessed some idiots open their door into it, and I left the color/make/model/license plate of the car that did it.

I appologize for the long post, but this shit really hurts. I love, take care of, and respect my possesions, and I have the same respect for other peoples things. Who cares if I drive a Z06 and this other person drives some 1990 Saab or something, it's their car, and I'm sure they try to take care of it. I've never hit anyone, but if I hit a parked car, you bet your ass I'd leave a note with my info on it. It just ticks me off so much that people care so much about their own things, but don't give shit about others things.....URRRGGGG!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

i meant it was funny that someone would actually bother to write something like that. And yes a hit and run sucks, my whole rear bumper is still messed up from 2 weeks after i bought my truck last year when someone pulled a hit and run so................chill

Sorry Fox, that whole spiel wasn't directed at you, honestly. Only thing that was directed at you was the 'That isn't Fing Funny!" part.

But now that you say it, yes I can agree that it's funny that they wrote the note, but the unfunny part is what they wrote.

It is moreso just pure anger and agrivation that people cause me. Granted I have a few drinks in me so I'll be more aggressive then normal but it's still the same. I'm not saying people on this board are like this, nor am I saying most people are like this. I'm saying the majority of people in my area are like this (hit and run and don't care, but flip out if you cause a fender bender to their car). I just angers me so...hehe.

Fox, just don't want you, or anyone to think the anger was directed towards you in any way, more-so towards the general public of ignorant inconciderant Aholes.

Sorry :cheers:

BTW....what happened to your rear bumper Fox? Sorry to hear about it :( (is your truck slammed, or do you have airbags? And what grill is that? Very sexy truck! :cool: Black is the best! ) Also....your name.....MX boots......PM me with details about what you ride hehe would like to chat! :cheers:

no big deal bro, i could sense the anger in what you meant about how others act when it happens to them but if they do it, its all fine to take off. Right after i bought my SSS it looked like someone had tried to park in the spot next to me and cut it to sharp and ended up pushing my whole right side in cracking the bumper cover and pushing the metal bumper into the one panel a little bit. I could prob pull it out some but i'm just waiting till i find a full replacement. Whoever did it had to of had some decent damage to their vehicle as well i'm guessing.

As for my SSS, it is photoshopped and that is why it is sitting that low, the grille is just your typical 5 piece billet bolt over, not exactly sure of the brand, and yes the name comes from the boots, lol i ride dirt bikes and have no idea why i picked the name, i think it was because the box the boots came in was in front of me or something.

Anyhow, blk02gmc best of luck getting all your stuff taken care of

yea, i remember just after i got my new boat (28ft) i was used to my old trailer (18ft) and launched the boat then went to park the trailer and didn't realize the extra length, i tapped into another truck and did no real damage cause it was with the padded boom. Anyways, i left my contact info and told the guy what happened. he dropped the whole thing cause it was no damage and he was happy that i was honest\

Archived