Extended Warranty Battle

Ron's SS

So the truck is in for the Front Differential rebuild, steering shaft replacement and faulty turn signals. The front diff and steering shaft are covered by the Wynn's warranty. However, the turn signal control module is not. I am fighting with Wynn's about it cause the part was $52 and diagnosis/ replacement was $78. My contract states "all hand operated switches" are covered under the warranty... I view the turn signal as just that. What does anyone think? Has anyone had a run-in with extended warranties? I just wanted to post my warranty issue for those thinking about extending theirs. I mean, $900 is covered for the diff and steering, but $200 is not :banghead: .

Also, the rental is an 04 Hemi Ram. I have gotten real spoiled with the AWD. This thing doesn't get traction, at all... The motor runs well, and the brakes feel really good... but that is it. Nothing else positive to say. Looking forward to getting the SS back this afternoon. Just to bad I am going to get stuck for $200 on what I thought was a completely warranty covered visit- even though I have left $200 worth of rubber laying around town :D . Always something hidden.

So the truck is in for the Front Differential rebuild, steering shaft replacement and faulty turn signals. The front diff and steering shaft are covered by the Wynn's warranty. However, the turn signal control module is not. I am fighting with Wynn's about it cause the part was $52 and diagnosis/ replacement was $78. My contract states "all hand operated switches" are covered under the warranty... I view the turn signal as just that. What does anyone think? Has anyone had a run-in with extended warranties? I just wanted to post my warranty issue for those thinking about extending theirs. I mean, $900 is covered for the diff and steering, but $200 is not  :banghead: .

Also, the rental is an 04 Hemi Ram. I have gotten real spoiled with the AWD. This thing doesn't get traction, at all... The motor runs well, and the brakes feel really good... but that is it. Nothing else positive to say. Looking forward to getting the SS back this afternoon. Just to bad I am going to get stuck for $200 on what I thought was a completely warranty covered visit- even though I have left $200 worth of rubber laying around town  :D . Always something hidden.

Be thankful they covered anything. I had the tranny puke in my Envoy, "covered" under an extended warranty or so I thought. The warranty company refused to pay for the rebuild because GM had released a TSB on a servo in the tranny. What a joke neeedless to say I was livid, got in a pissing match with the company over that. Told them if they won't fix anything that may have a TSB then what they are really saying is the $1400 I spent on a 100k mile extended warranty got me squat. Since TSB's are issued every day on auto's, and are nothing more than a way to fix a problem, and not a recall the warranty was just a piece of paper and nothing else. I reported the company to the BBB but got no satisfaction. I asked to cancel my warranty but since I "filed" a claim(note filed, but received no compensation) that I was stuck. Lesson learned I'll never buy a extended warranty on anything. Next time I want to buy paper for $1400 I'll buy stock in Microsoft. For the record the company is Platinum Warranty Corporation avoid like the plague. :banghead:

Be thankful they covered anything. I had the tranny puke in my Envoy, "covered" under an extended warranty or so I thought. The warranty company refused to pay for the rebuild because GM had released a TSB on a servo in the tranny. What a joke neeedless to say I was livid, got in a pissing match with the company over that. Told them if they won't fix anything that may have a TSB then what they are really saying is the $1400 I spent on a 100k mile extended warranty got me squat. Since TSB's are issued every day on auto's, and are nothing more than a way to fix a problem, and not a recall the warranty was just a piece of paper and nothing else. I reported the company to the BBB but got no satisfaction. I asked to cancel my warranty but since I "filed" a claim(note filed, but received no compensation) that I was stuck. Lesson learned I'll never buy a extended warranty on anything. Next time I want to buy paper for $1400 I'll buy stock in Microsoft. For the record the company is Platinum Warranty Corporation avoid like the plague. :banghead:

The Wynn's was purchased through the dealer for $1800 for 4 year 48K mile coverage. So I have now gotten $900 back, half way there. I know that the extended warranties suck, but I am paying to much to not have something. Hopefully I don't need any service anytime soon. Thanks for the heads up on the Platinum Warranty Corp., they really screw you huh, not just a little bit like mine.

The best thing to do if you are going to extend your warranty is buy the GMPP most of the outside companies are BS and will jerk you around.

I was supposed to have the GMPP, and when I was almost done signing the paperwork, suddenly they had something different. I almost walked away but had to have the truck. Just would rather spend my extra $$$ on mods, not repairs.

The best thing to do if you are going to extend your warranty is buy the GMPP most of the outside companies are BS and will jerk you around.

:withstupid: I've delt with extended warranties alot. GMPP is the best deal, Fidelity is also good. Be lucky they covered what they did, they said they cover all hand operated switches but when they pull it up by the part number it is called a module and that may be why they are not covering it. If it is that cheap I'd just pay for, its not worth the hassle.

:withstupid: I've delt with extended warranties alot. GMPP is the best deal, Fidelity is also good. Be lucky they covered what they did, they said they cover all hand operated switches but when they pull it up by the part number it is called a module and that may be why they are not covering it. If it is that cheap I'd just pay for, its not worth the hassle.

Good point with the "module." My problem is that I am paying due to someones interpretation of what was replaced. I'm glad they paid for what they did, but... the vagueness of my contract leaves me to believe the flasher should be covered.

I signed up for a service contract through my insurance, and didnt go w/ extended warranty...we will see if that is a mistake or not.

My dealer ignored my first complaint about my differential---well, acknowledged it, then told me they duplicated it and were concerned, then told me it was normal for a _similar_ (2005 Z71) truck, more or less pushed me out the door, and I have heard nothing from them, no CSI Survey, no svc dept follow up, no follow up from Chevy---nada. Im getting good service from a GMC Commerical truck service department, so they might be the next ones I see about it.

Its not bad, but its no better. Would I be wasting time to put in synthetic lube at 10,000 miles?

Archived