GOTTA HAVE A 2006 Z06

I CORNER

Do you think next year you could find a used one that

hasn't been whooped on? :jester:

maybe but honestly I hope not... I really think that if you are gonna buy a car like that, you better push it to the limits and push it hard, if not just buy the regular C6.

...  I got her the new house ... so maybe. ...
Seems only fair! :lol: We've seen a couple at the local cruise night car shows here in Texas (still wearing paper dealer plates); low-$70s is what I heard...

Mr. P. :)

ps - who's suspension did you choose to go with on your SD455? I've been considering Global West for my '70 Formula :dunno:

The SD455 build-up was back in the late 80's and I sold it in 1995. I used all of the Herb Adams stuff with solid heat treated s-bars with spherical rod links (etc), which I do not believe is available anymore. His set up was good for 0.95G's that was good for the street tires at the time.

I use Global West front upper control arms in the 94Z28M6 with good success and that should work well for a number of models, but stay away from their recommended coil-overs and 700lb springs that fall out of the cups with the suspension in full droop.

Santa came, but no 06-Z06 in the driveway this year.

Rick R

Do you think next year you could find a used one that

hasn't been whooped on? :jester:

maybe but honestly I hope not... I really think that if you are gonna buy a car like that, you better push it to the limits and push it hard, if not just buy the regular C6.

The one I seen in person was sold and dealer said an older woman bought it.

I bought a C6 and took delivery of it on October 13th and love it! It's not a Z06, but a Z51 equipped C6 coupe. I couldn't imagine the same car with 105 more horsepower and 140 fewer pounds. It is insanely fast and handles like it was on rails. I have been nothing but smiles since I first fired it up. Z06s around here have been selling for 20K over sticker and along with everyone else I don't see much of a drop until the 2007s. If you can't wait for a Z06, buy yourself a lame 400 horse C6 like I did. Trust me, you'll love it and spend your freetime figuring out how you could handle another 105 hp.

Take all this with a grain of salt since I haven't even looked at an 06, but...

When I bought my 01, I got a good price. I scoped all the Orlando dealers and found the one that had had the Z06 on the floor the longest. I went in and acted all disappointed that it was black and then haggled for 16 hours.

I drove it home for a few k over the sticker of the regular convertible they tried to fob off on me because it wasn't black hehe.

Good news about Orlando is that with Roger's, Holler Corvette, Bill Heard, Courtesy and Don Mealy, you used to get a lot of Z06's sitting in the smaller dealerships (I think Roger's had 5 z06's the day I bought mine, and Holler had 3...). That may have changed, but the internet is free and a good deal would be worth the drive imo :)

Another option is that Roger's seems to be able to get used vettes with like 2 miles on them (but he's damn proud of them imo...)

Archived