GOTTA HAVE A 2006 Z06

I CORNER

OK. I have NEVER owned a Corvette or really lusted for 1. I have had a couple of F-Bodies (1974 Super Duty 455) and a 1994 Z28M6 each with extreme suspension mods for roller coaster handling. Frankly, I could build higher performance F-Body variants than all stock and most modified Vettes and the insurance bills were a whole lot cheaper.

Well now Chevy has gone and done it and built the 1st Vette that I have to have. With features like aluminum frames, dry-sump oiling, titanium connecting rods and max-stroke 427 blocks, I can't build a car like this. Now if I can talk the wife into it. I got her the new house ... so maybe.

Have any of you richer folks bought a 2006 Z06? Any chance getting 1 priced between Invoice and MSRP??

Rick R

Iv talked to a couple of dealers about them..not that i cn afford 1 by any means..but out of curiosity. The dealers have to send employees to a school about the car before they have the privlage of recieving one....and apparently good luck on the MSRP...supposedly most are going for an average of 15K above sticker.....which is just plain robbery, but whatever...anyway....if you can get it for sticker..crazy bargain.....id give a left nut for 1..lol..maybe both...i dont HAVE to have kids... :D

At my 'special price' my dealer was able to price one out for me at $63,789.00 out the door with the options I wanted. I get a slight markup over invoice so thats about as good as its gonna get. I've seen them selling from $70-$90k depending... the demand is high right now... I'm sure they'll level out somewhere just shy of $70k when the hype dies down... its not cheap... but if you consider that you can't get a better car for the money its actually a steal.

Try pricing out a Porsche or Ferrari... the Z06 looks like a bargain after seeing those stickers.

Kelley Blue Book on-line says that they are going for $67,657 in my zip code. I assume that this does not include options. With all of the options, this would throw it over $70K like you say.

Invoice is supposed to be $58,325 and MSRP is supposed to be $65,800.

Wait till the hype dies down and the early production runs have done the "beta" testing for you. It's an awesome machine. Only thing I don't like is the fixed roof.... They should at least off the transparent one as an option if it's going to be fixed, look for that as one of the first aftermarket "mods" to get out there... (my 2 cents...)

Well I secured one that wil arrive in mid april of next year. I put a deposit down on it last month. The MSRP on mine is $100 270 CAN. It's a victory red 1SB ZO6, red/black interior, polished aluminum rims with the navigation. I'm pretty good friends with the owner of the dealership, but I still have to pay about 2 grand over MSRP for it, but I'm not disappointed, I see ones here going for 20k+ over MSRP. The demand won't drop for a while. Seems like almost all the slots for next years are already gone.

Well I secured one that wil arrive in mid april of next year.  I put a deposit down on it last month.  The MSRP on  mine is $100 270 CAN.  It's a victory red 1SB ZO6, red/black interior, polished aluminum rims with the navigation.  I'm pretty good friends with the owner of the dealership, but I still have to pay about 2 grand over MSRP for it, but I'm not disappointed, I see ones here going for 20k+ over MSRP.  The demand won't drop for a while.  Seems like almost all the slots for next years are already gone.

Of course you are getting one...is there a car you dont have :jester: I want to do whatever it is you do for a living.

they obviously don't want to sell alot of them  :chevy:

they don't have many to sell. a car of the Z06's build isn't much for mass production. :dunno:

if you wait until around summer of next year they'll be much more available and there will be some dealers willing to work on the price.

I want a Z06... but I'd settle for a regular C6... if my dad gets his wish he'll be ordering his Z06 soon and when he takes delivery of that I get first crack at his current C6... I'll be more than happy to drive that around. :cool:

I personaly know the head designer of Corvette Mr. Wallace and he can't get me one for invoice, but I could get one for sticker.. He Says they are not making to many this first year. It should be better for 07 models.

...  I got her the new house ... so maybe. ...
Seems only fair! :lol: We've seen a couple at the local cruise night car shows here in Texas (still wearing paper dealer plates); low-$70s is what I heard...

Mr. P. :)

ps - who's suspension did you choose to go with on your SD455? I've been considering Global West for my '70 Formula :dunno:

Archived