5.3 vs 6.0

Jonmalibuss

I was headed down to my g/f's aunts house for x-mas dinner and I was headed down Mountain avenue at the very south end in Chino and I had some guy in a 5.3 lifted like an 00-02 body style truck floor it next to me and then he got infront of me. Well I had ta wait for a break to get around a few cars but finally it opened up and he hit WOT probably 10 sec. before I was able to and I was about 2-3 car lengths behind him in the right lane while he was in the left lane. I hit WOT and started to gain on him and right as I got next to him I realized my lane was going to end about 1/2 mile ahead just before an intersection. So I ended up pulling him and just as I got passed him I moved into his lane and then had to hit the brakes which were to the floor on the ABS very very hard because the intersection had a very large dip well I was just able to slow down enough to safely make the dip with out losing or breaking any suspention parts. The guys then pulled up next to me at the next stop and I rolled down my window and told him that his truck was pretty fast for being a 5.3 because I knew a 4.8 wounldn't have given me that much trouble to pass. He said all he had was an exhaist and I told him that I had the 6.0 and he goes on to say yeah and I had much bigger tires than you. I said well maybe like an inch or tow at the most because they weren't any bigger than maybe 33's. But I still pulled on him when he had a pretty big lead on me. :thumbs:

EDIT: After that I was thinking how nice it would have been to have the baers on there! I was also glad it was an 05 and not an 04 or earlier model because I probably would have launched it off that dip and wrecked.

Nice run, the baers definately would have helped there.  Is the only performance mod still just tuning?

And exhaust but I havn't done any tuning since I installed the exhaust. From a stop it wouldn't have been a contest but he had a good lead on me.

Archived