cam ?

the68cam

:dunno: i got a packaged deal on comp cam 522 I 529 E DUR @.050 212 218 LOBE LIFT .3070 .3110 LOBE SEP 114 ,, PORTED AND POLISHED 2 inch intake 1.55 ex blended bowls flow 281 intake 203 exh . with comp springs and yellow shaft rockers and shorty headers for $1600.00 does this seem like it will work good? i already have bryan,s tune cold air tb converter,cat back dual flow . so what do yall thinK ? how much should this cost to install all THIS ???

Is that YT shaft rockers? These are 317 castings for the heads? Are they stock, off a LQ9, P&P heads? Or, are they something different?

Cam is a little small for my taste, but it has been used by many people on here, including me, with decent results.

Are all of these used items?

You would need an updated tune to take advantage of the better flowing heads. That cam is small enough to run off of a stock tune.

I believe the 241 casting is a LS1 casting. What vehicle did they come from?

Those heads have a 66.67cc combustion chamber size. It will bump up your CR to somewhere close to 10.5:1, but someone with the right formulas will help you with the exact number. Not sure if you were aware of that.

Turn the CAPS off.

I would want a bigger cam, but the one you have chosen should do decent for you. I'm no cam expert though.

Sounds like you have the flow sheet for these heads, or someone does. Get it and decide where your best flow is and order a cam based on that. If you have all of that, I'd recommend going to futralmotorsports.com and send Alan Futral an email and ask him what his recommendations are. If you can provide him the right info, he can give you one of the best recommendations around. But, you will need to provide him a little more info than you provided here, or present it in a different fashion - in order to get the best rec out of him, that is.

Archived