Swapped Cams again

I'm in the 27-29 area for timing and no to little KR.

I have been doing alot of logs and thats about where i am at also.

what is you dynamic air per cylinder at roughly?

this is a pic from on of my logs with .93 dynamic air per cylinder at 6k rpm. this was roughing in some tuning.

124797502.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget the SSR mani -- otherwise known as the LS2 truck. It is the same manifold as our truck mani with an opened up throttle neck to 90mm. I looked into this (and even had the SSR 90mm setup on order) as did BigTex and Jeff.

AFAIK the LS2 car manifold didn't dyno as well as the LS6 (but its been a while... a year about). Not to mention the custom parts you need...

Here's something to consider: Parish made 1000+ rear wheel horsepower with that truck manifold. I made my numbers with it as well. Yah, it's different for boosted motors, and Ben definitely will see a benefit from stepping up to a bigger manifold. I'm not sure how much a cam&heads 6.0L needs 90mm though.

Zippy bumped the dyno thread on the manifolds, I think. That has a good comparo of the LS6 vs the truck vs FAST 78mm as I recall. Not much difference there.

You guys should just slap some turbos on and keep the truck manifolds!! :D

I shift at 6000 right now. Mine are at .89.

I haven't done any tuning on my truck since September. Waiting to get my headers/exhaust all hooked up before I try for more. It runs pretty good right now, just haven't pushed it too much - yet.

Why do you ask, Zippy?

i was just asking because i didn't get enough time playing with matt's new setup and i know his and yours is similar. getting 1.13 per cylinder is outstanding. that certainly shows the difference in how well the stock cylinder heads resist knock compared to the new heads.

i like your idea erik, high compression and boost just screems for methanol.

i was just asking because i didn't get enough time playing with matt's new setup and i know his and yours is similar. getting 1.13 per cylinder is outstanding. that certainly shows the difference in how well the stock cylinder heads resist knock compared to the new heads.

I went back and looked at my logs and i have alot of wot runs that are in the 1.55 range and even have one that went up to 2.08

I went back and looked at my logs and i have alot of wot runs that are in the 1.55 range and even have one that went up to 2.08

i've never seen numbers that high. :confused::driving::cool:

I think you might be rite Erik, Nice to see you are back.

I think the cam I got from Moregrip might have been yours? I think your name is on the box.

Ah haha :) I wonder what Grippy is using then. That was a 220ish? I think Matt got the 230/236..

220/224 581/581 on a 115lsa

Archived