Moving back to California!!

.justin.

when you get to NEEDLES on I-40 fuel up :smash:

next gas is in LUDLOW at the 50 mile marker, about 115 mi. west. GOFFs rd. has road work on the bridge and you can't get off there all the time, so make sure you can get to LUDLOW, and it is up hill.

most people run out of gas west of KELBAKER rd. and it is NOT cheap to get gas out there. we charge $150 for a service call to sell you gas at $3.00 per gal. for me to get there is about 70-85 mi. one way to get there.

also... between the 70 mile marker and the 56 mile marker, onstar :puke: will NOT work all the time, cel phones have problems, we use NEXTEL and they do not work in that area. :banghead:

good luck on your return trip home :cheers:

if you see a black wrecker out :driving: on the 40 west of KELBAKER :thumbs: and

:seeya:

when you get to NEEDLES on I-40 fuel up  :smash:

next gas is in LUDLOW at the 50 mile marker, about 115 mi. west. GOFFs rd. has road work on the bridge and you can't get off there all the time, so make sure you can get to LUDLOW, and it is up hill.

most people run out of gas west of KELBAKER rd. and it is NOT cheap to get gas out there. we charge $150 for a service call to sell you gas at $3.00 per gal. for me to get there is about 70-85 mi. one way to get there.

also... between the 70 mile marker and the 56 mile marker, onstar  :puke: will NOT work all the time, cel phones have problems, we use NEXTEL and they do not work in that area. :banghead:

good luck on your return trip home :cheers:

if you see a black wrecker out  :driving:  on the 40 west of KELBAKER  :thumbs: and

:seeya:

Thanks for the advice :thumbs:

Might be going through SD though, not sure. Girlfriend's parents live east of el cajon, and if time permits, I might stop there for a night...

nice!!  used to work for ebay got a couple buddies there still.

Really. What group did you work with? I'll be at the campus on Hamilton working in the Toys building. Same group I've been working as a contractor with for a few years now.

• 4 weeks later...

Whew. 2900 miles in 2.5 days is tough. :D SS towed like a champ.

With the truck fully loaded, towing the full car trailer with the WS6 completely filled with junk, I managed to average a speed of around 65mph and got 10.6mpg. Not great, but would have hated to do it without the LQ9.

Glad to know that you made it all OK. Did you hook up with anyone along the way?

CD

Not anyone from SilveradoSS :( Wouldn't have been much company anyway. By the time I hit Dallas I was practically a zombie.

Edit: Saw that you're in Memphis... Your state nearly stole my T/A off the trailer :eek: Roads in Knoxville and Nashville were so beat up and bad that when I would stop for gas after rolling through, the hold down straps around the front tires had almost worked completely loose.

Glad to know that you made it all OK. Did you hook up with anyone along the way?

CD

Not anyone from SilveradoSS :( Wouldn't have been much company anyway. By the time I hit Dallas I was practically a zombie.

Edit: Saw that you're in Memphis... Your state nearly stole my T/A off the trailer :eek: Roads in Knoxville and Nashville were so beat up and bad that when I would stop for gas after rolling through, the hold down straps around the front tires had almost worked completely loose.

you had to drive right by me here in texarkana. I will agree there are a few rough roads between here and va. I drove here from Roanoke last month. and I will have to say Memphis has to be the biggest cluster of them all. be safe for the rest of your trip.

DUDE!

what are you doin the 18th and 19th??

got a big F-body/vette dyno day at Synergy motorsports on the 18th...I'll be there gettin a baseline for my T/A...

and a Sac to SF cruise again with the F-body/vette/ and some gm trucks on the 19th...

you should attend one or both... :thumbs:

~Brian

DUDE!

got a big F-body/vette dyno day at Synergy motorsports on the 18th...I'll be there gettin a baseline for my T/A...

and a Sac to SF cruise again with the F-body/vette/ and some gm trucks on the 19th...

you should attend one or both...  :thumbs:

~Brian

Oh man, I would totally hit up Synergy with ya, but my girlfriend is going to be flying in from DC that weekend and I don't think I can break away and head down there.

Definitely let me know the next time there's something like that going on. I know that I'll be heading up your way for UC Davis' Picnic Day sometime in April or May.

DUDE!

you should attend one or both...  :thumbs:

~Brian

Oh man, I would totally hit up Synergy with ya, but my girlfriend is going to be flying in from DC that weekend and I don't think I can break away and head down there.

Definitely let me know the next time there's something like that going on. I know that I'll be heading up your way for UC Davis' Picnic Day sometime in April or May.

well then...grab the girl....jump into the T/A...meet us in Frisco, and have lunch and a photoshoot on sunday the 19th..! :ughdance:

Archived