Moving back to California!!

.justin.

After 2 and a half years in the DC area, I'm finally getting an opportunity to go back to California to work for eBay.

I have a lot of preparing to do for the move, and would like to get some general information from anyone that might know it in the states I'll be passing through.

I'll be driving the SS, towing my WS6 from Virginia to Dallas to camp out for the night at a friends place and then on to my mom's place in Fresno, CA. In with me will be two shotguns, a .22 rifle and a handgun. The handgun will remain locked and unloaded in the cab of the SS while the long guns will be in the WS6 so I'm not too worried about them.

During that trip I'll be traveling through the following states:

Virginia

Tennessee

Arkansas

Texas

New Mexico

Arizona

and then

California

I'm familiar with the gun transport laws in CA and VA as well as speed limits towing a trailer and whatnot. My question is regarding the other states. Is there anything I need to look out for regarding the other states in question?

Thanks for any information/advice! :cheers:

Usually, as long as the weapon (unloaded) and the ammo are separated, you're good for any state. If you have them all in the WS6, you should also be good.

Just going from past experience of being stopped travelling with guns. All of my guns were in the car with me (two handguns, one rifle), but they were in the back and the ammo was in a separate ammo box and none were loaded.

I guess if you're wanting to know how much you can get away with, that's a different story.

Usually, as long as the weapon (unloaded) and the ammo are separated, you're good for any state.  If you have them all in the WS6, you should also be good.

Just going from past experience of being stopped travelling with guns.  All of my guns were in the car with me (two handguns, one rifle), but they were in the back and the ammo was in a separate ammo box and none were loaded.

I guess if you're wanting to know how much you can get away with, that's a different story.

Just what I'm wanting to hear. I'm not wanting to try and test the limits, just want to know that I'm within the law as I travel.

man what i'd give to move to Cali. sunny weather....i'd kill for it. I live in NW AR. what part are you driving thru?

Looks like I'll be driving I40 to Little Rock, then I30 on towards Dallas.

Hey Justin I'm gonna miss you :( I wanted to blow your doors off on the track this spring. Is Jenna going also, what about the dogs how are they gonna make the trip.

man what i'd give to move to Cali. sunny weather....i'd kill for it. I live in NW AR. what part are you driving thru?

Hey Justin I'm gonna miss you :( I wanted to blow your doors off on the track this spring. Is Jenna going also, what about the dogs how are they gonna make the trip.

One dog's coming with me, the other stays with Jenna out here til sept. at the earliest. If I can convince Jenna, we'll still come to Carlisle next year, with her tahoe this time.

One dog's coming with me, the other stays with Jenna out here til sept. at the earliest. If I can convince Jenna, we'll still come to Carlisle next year, with her tahoe this time.

You guys gotta come to Carlisle.....I know you're not gonna miss the east coast winters :lol:

The west end of the river bridge from Memphis, in West Memphis, AR, used to be a very bad place to get stopped - very agressive patrols. I'd watch it coming west out of Memphis for about 25 miles.

Just a heads up, and welcome home :)

Justin, let me know when you are coming through Memphis, maybe we can say Hi or something. Just like Stealth said, be on the speed limit on either side of Memphis and you should be good. I-40 to 240 N to I-40 west to Little Rock, Ar. Lot of LS1 guys over there too.

CD

Justin, let me know when you are coming through Memphis, maybe we can say Hi or something. Just like Stealth said, be on the speed limit on either side of Memphis and you should be good. I-40 to 240 N to I-40 west to Little Rock, Ar. Lot of LS1 guys over there too.

CD

I'll keep that in mind. Not sure when I'm leaving yet, but it will be at a time to skip DC traffic.

Sure seems to be a lot of LS1s there. My WS6 came from just outside of Knoxville.

Archived