PCM Tuning

SS ON 22S

i highly recomend to anyone getting a mail order tune (assuming you're getting an extra pcm) to have a crankshaft variation learn performed.

Zippy

I am not fimilar with the crankshaft variation relearn? Can I do this myself? Is there a reason why this has to be done and if so can you explain? Have not yet received my tuned pcm from Brian, but I hope everything will be allright!!!! :thumbs:

SS ON 22S :cheers:

i highly recomend to anyone getting a mail order tune (assuming you're getting an extra pcm) to have a crankshaft variation learn performed.

Zippy

I am not fimilar with the crankshaft variation relearn? Can I do this myself? Is there a reason why this has to be done and if so can you explain? Brian told me that it very seldomly (1 out of 20) has to be done with a mail order tune! Have not yet received my tuned pcm from Brian, but I hope everything will be allright!!!! :thumbs:

SS ON 22S :cheers:

My Radix tune from Bryan did not throw a code for it, but would not run right at all. I tried everything to fix it, then was advised by EFI101 to do a crank relearn on it. Night and day difference between the two. At the same time my gf's tahoe gained 0 benefit from a crank relearn on her PCMForless tune.

And as I recall, my PCMForless tune had the crank relearn MIL disabled, so even if you don't see the light, it could still be necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

I have run a couple hundred miles on my tune fron Bryan and am very happy. I had to do the security relearn that Bryan describes in his paperwork but havent read anything about the crank relearn. Can you fellows please describe that relearn scenario for us; I would like to try if it will help. :flag:

After my PCM tune from Bryan, it gave the code for the crank relearn but seemed to run fine. Dealer did it in about 2 mins and the problem never returned. Night and day difference in the way it runs with the PCM tune. If the engine light comes on in a few days after the new PCM you will need to take it to the dealer to have code reset. Not a big deal.

Hey SS on 22's,

I have to give credit where credit is due... Bryan at PCMforless is AWESOME :thumbs:

My SS is the first vehicle I have owned where I started to tinker with more Horsepower. Usually it was just cosmetic looks, and how high could I jack it to go wheel'n ....

Once I put on My CAI, my Corsa exhaust and my new PCM.... I couldn't wait to see what the change would be. (Remember, first time screwing with the engine)

It was Unbelievable!!!! It was like taking delivery of a brand new truck!!!! WOW is all that came to mind. I just had Bryan do the "Tride and True" methods for the tune. But let me tell you, with all of the toys and the tune working together. My SS is incredible on the way it now powers up and plays.....

I was thinking on a scale of 1 to 10, that all of the stuff and the PCM tune would be around a 4-5, in regards to the power increase, and engine response. It is definetly around a 11 or 12 !!!!

You will be sooooooo Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be Safe...... :thumbs:

I talked with Bryan about the crank relearn issue and he said,"I have been trying to match my exchange PCM's up to the same engine the PCM was running originally, to the new engine so I have been able to avoid the crank relearn issues." Apparantly if it runs good and the torque converter hooks up there isnt an issue w/ crank relearn. :driving:

I talked with Bryan about the crank relearn issue and he said,"I have been trying to match my exchange PCM's up to the same engine the PCM was running originally, to the new engine so I have been able to avoid the crank relearn issues." Apparantly if it runs good and the torque converter hooks up there isnt an issue w/ crank relearn. :driving:

torque converter hooks up??? :confused::confused::confused:

torque converter hooks up??? :confused::confused::confused:

excuse me, I believe locks up is the correct term. :driving:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
how much information do you need to provide for getting a tune for an sts kit? is it more expensive. whats the risks? i'm new to this tuning stuff lol.

I think that we would all agree on this that the guys you need to talk to is Brian at PCM FOR LESS or ZIppy at ZIPPY PERFORMANCE! I've heard nothing but great thing about these guy's and that they really know there stuff! I'm also new to the tunig world but what I've learned so far is that you can not beat an in person tune to a mail order tune!!! :smash:

SS ON 22S :thumbs:

Archived