PIONEER AVIC-N1-N2 HELP

Ok Ok I need your help.....hopefully someone here has had the same problem and was able to over come it. First I had the Pioneer Avic-n1 GPS Navi, the hole set up...It broke and I sent it back to Pioneer, they sent me a complete new Avic-n2 unit, but with this unit the DVD Playback is not wired into th eparking break like my old unit, it is wired into the GPS System, as long as the vehicle is in motion then I cannot have DVD Playback ?!?!?! This is bs....is there any way around this ?

JK

thanks a bunch

Actually, I don't think you would get anywhere by trying to sue them because it's the law that you can't have a DVD playing while the car is in motion. At least for the front passengers I believe. They are just covering their @$$e$.

Sorry, but I can't offer any substantial help on the matter. I have the stock radio, don't be jealous! :ughdance:

Late- Alex

As I understand it there is absolutely no way around the N2's DVD block. The manufactures are getting creative with how they keep these from playing while your driving.

Some link to the GPS to detect movement, others are using gyro's to sense motion and they're internal so unless you wanna tear apart a $1500-$2000 deck its not going away.

I'd suggest getting another monitor like I did and molding it into the lower dash or going to an ALPINE IVA-D310... you can have those overriden still and its a much better unit IMO. Only drawback is its an external navi unit.

Actually, I don't think you would get anywhere by trying to sue them because it's the law that you can't have a DVD playing while the car is in motion. At least for the front passengers I believe. They are just covering their @$$e$.

Sorry, but I can't offer any substantial help on the matter. I have the stock radio, don't be jealous!  :ughdance:

Late-  Alex

Pioneer actually has gotten dozens of lawsuits already over the issue, there are always loop holes in laws....

I can disable it, it also blocks out some of the navi functions. I'm going to tell you how to do it, it only takes 5 minutes. If you don't feel comfortable doing it or you have unstable hands and a shitty soldering iron, you will destroy the whole unit. If you send it to me, I'll help you out and do it free.

1 remove the unit from dash.

2 flip the unit over and on the back, there is a little grey sticker, heat it up a little so it dosn't get damaged and peel it off. it's the size of a dime but square.

3 inside that little port, there is 2 very small terminals labled r194(i think i'd have to check on the exact numbers, but its the only terminals that are visable without disassebling the whole unit.)

4 solder these two terminals together and it will put the unit into service mode. All this means is that nothing will be disable by the gyro system.

5 make sure and ground out the parking brake wire.

6 enjoy full navigation capeabilities and DVD playback while driving.

DO NOT put any av source through the rear view camera, you WILL damage the unit over time. this is a special circut and dosen't work with standard RCA cables.

PM me if you need more info, i've done this on dozens of units, including my own. If your near by me, Western mass area, i could show you in person.

PS fast4popper your an A** hole, but I guess I am too for giving away trade secrets :eek::crackup:

JK

Hope this helps.

Pioneer actually has gotten dozens of lawsuits already over the issue, there are always loop holes in laws....

LMAO... are you kidding me?

So people are suing Pioneer for voluntarily complying with a law designed to keep people from ILLEGALLY watching DVD while they drive? Might want to check into that a bit more before you hire an attorney there dude. :wtf:

the viewing of images on a display inside a vehicle even by persons other than the driver is illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed. No moving video images are to be displayed in the front passenger compartment of any moving vehicle or in a position where such an image would serve as a distraction or impairment to the operator of the vehicle.

Dirty,  aren't you like a 18 or 19 year old punk.  And by the way, fastpopper is not an ass hole, he sold me some stuf a while back WAY cheap.  You guys need to chill the F out.

Don't waste your breath... this is a guy who thinks he can sue a muti-billion dollar a year company b/c their deck is preventing him from ILLEGALLY watching DVD's while he drives.

As long as he doesn't figure out a way around it I think we'll all be better off... a mental midget of this caliber doesn't need anything else going on while hes driving... hes dangerous enough as it is. :smash:

Ok here is the thing about this unit. Its one of the only units that has a build in gyro in it, which means in order for you to make it work you would need to open up the internals and manipulate it some how, which will void warranty completely... or look into getting a by-pass for it. I know they made a by-pass for the older Alpine D310... I think that’s the correct model number.

Hey, my honest opinion is to junk the Pioneer crap and go with an Eclipse deck, you would be amazed at the difference in sound quality and features it gives you for the same price.

check posting above, no dissassembly necessary, no voided warranty. this is exactly what pioneer factory employees do to be able to test the entire unit without takeing it apart. If you are so ignorant as to not know the facts about pioneer decks, don't even open your mouth cause you look like a fool. further more, the eclipse deck is also a very good unit but also alot more money. right now, I sell the AVIC-N2 Installed (that includes all parts and labor) for $1500 plus uncle sam's tax. The eclipse unit costs me 1500 so i have to sell them installed for 1900. this can be a big difference for alot of people.

Archived