Transmission Trouble?

Need help everybody, I'm pretty dumb when it comes to these electronic transmissions. I have a 150 NX wet shot on the truck and it's great. Expecially when your killing Lightings. But i'm starting to feel alittle bit of slipping in the transmission. I wanna be able to launch this thing on nitrous and not worry about the trans. Anyway, if your runing a running big power adder, what did you do to the transmission, and what do you think you spent on it.

Thanks for any help.

I wanna be able to launch this thing on nitrous and not worry about the trans. 

then buy a spare, cause this 5000lb truck eats transmissions :devil:

w/slipping you will need a rebuild, hard part inside, shift kit, servo's...

do a little searching and you will find many results.

Have you been tuned for the 150 shot? I wouldn't slap that much on without backing timing down a few degrees. Otherwise, the tranny may not be your only worries in the future.

As far as a built tranny, you can go two ways. One, you can buy one built and ready to install. The other way is buy all the pieces and then have them installed. The second is usually a little cheaper way to go.

Make sure it has a shift kit already installed and add a beefy tranny cooler.

something important to keep in mind with a wet shot. if the air doesn't go through the the mass airflow sensor, the computer doesn't turn up the line pressure to go in line with the extra power output of the engine.

thanks for all the info guys, i have parts on the way. as far as the 150 shot, the local speed shop said that a computer controled engine such as the ss, the knock sensor would back the timing out if needed. is that true are is that just bs?

that is true, but usually before that happens the head gasket will release excessive pressure.

Doesn't sound like a good speed shop to me. Not very good advice.

oh, i agree with you there. when using nitrous you don't hope for the knock sensors to be of help.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are going to add "nitrous" to this, I would use a setup that uses the "window" switch. This turns off the nitrous during the shifts when setup correctly, which will greatly increase transmission life. Adding a "modified" Trans-Go Performance Shift kit will help out a lot here. The Corvette style servo works fine with this kit, and the oversize 4th gear servo is unnecessary in the vast majority of cases. Remember that working with the accumulators will do a lot towards having smooth part throttle shifts, and firm WOT shifts. Adding a Trans-Go vacuum modulator will also help solve band/clutch problems (improve their life) and will give instant downshifts, not the delayed downshift that the computer provides. The computer still controls the timing of the shifts, just that the vacuum modulator uses "real world" load conditions to determine line pressure (with no delay) as compared to the computers anticipated situation. I hope this helps out some.

Archived