Kobe goes for 81 points!!!

adams2003

Sad thing is I just don't have any respect for Kobe anymore.

Jordan could do all the amazing things he did, but still play team ball and not be an ****. Kobe is a whiney bitch IMO.

And for the record I AM A LAKERS FAN... I'm having shirts made:

"TRADE KOBE!! BRING BACK SHAQ!!"

I dont care how much you shoot the ball, 81 points in a game is crazy. :crazy:

yea that was amazing, the free throws (18-20) and threes (7-of-13) were the key, and i'm so glad that's he on my fantasy basketball team, he's helping me stay in first place.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AqF...6012213&prov=ap

"BRING BACK SHAQ!!"

You mean this Shaq:

PPG 18.5, AST 1.3, FT 44.2, BLK 1.5 (for a 7-1 player) Played 22 of 40 games.

Kobe:

PPG 34.8, AST 4.3, FT 83.5%

Shaq is rolling down the hill faster than my SS. Lets face it Miami doesn't have the same Shaq we did.

"BRING BACK SHAQ!!"

You mean this Shaq:

PPG 18.5, AST 1.3, FT 44.2, BLK 1.5 (for a 7-1 player) Played 22 of 40 games.

Kobe:

PPG 34.8, AST 4.3, FT 83.5%

Shaq is rolling down the hill faster than my SS. Lets face it Miami doesn't have the same Shaq we did.

:withstupid:

Lets face it, shaqs not the player he used to be. In his prime I would take him over anybody, but with the future in mind (considering there was no way both of them where going to play on the same team anymore) im glad the lakers chose kobe. There's no one in the league that works harder and wants to win more than kobe. Give him some good players around him and well have some more championships in the future. Plus its not like shaq has won anything on the heat (or with the magic) even with Dwayne Wade one of the best players in the game. Kobe may be a whining bitch, but I think shaq has done his fair share of bitching also. Bottom line is, whether you like Kobe or Shaq more (as a person) Kobe was the better choice to keep around given there age and work ethic IMO.

Keep in mind that I like Shaq. Most dominant player ever IN HIS PRIME.

Don't get me wrong... Kobe is amazingly talented... 2nd probably only to Jordan IMO. (Jordan was smarter about the game and just as physically talented as Kobe)

But you can't win Championships without a bigman. The Lakers broke tradition when they traded Shaq... the legacy in LA is built on a foundation of dominant big men. The second they traded away the most dominant big man in the game they lost that legacy. Shaq may not be the same as he was in his prime, but hes still the type of player you'd build a team around.

Even though he doesn't throw up record breaking numbers, its the things that aren't on the highlight reels that get the job done. Just his sheer presence in the middle is enough to limit scoring percentages in the key... but thats not a stat that shows up on paper.

Shaq = team built around... a dominant big man makes your whole team better. Duane Wade and the rest of Miami are playing better as a result of having Shaq in the middle.

Kobe = team buit for... the other 4 guys on the court serve to get him the ball and thats it! Kobe isn't elevating the level of his team mates at all. Smush Parker would be excelling if he had a player like Shaq to play off of.

Miami

2nd in their conference

24 Wins 17 Loses

L.A. Lakers

7th in their conference

22 Wins 19 Loses

I love the way team accomplishments pale to what one guy can do, didnt Terell Owens get fired casue he wanted a celebration for his indivdual accomplishment

ps. I hate Kobe too, but kobe beef is the best:)

I love the way team accomplishments pale to what one guy can do, didnt Terell Owens get fired casue he wanted a celebration for his indivdual accomplishment

ps.  I hate Kobe too, but kobe beef is the best:)

:withstupid:

81 points is amazing... but it sure as hell won't bring a championship back to L.A.

#1 reason why Kobe will never be as good as Jordan: HE CAN'T PLAY TEAM BASKETBALL!! Jordan knew when to demand the ball, but he also knew how to involve his team mates and make them better. Kobe can't win a title by himself.

Winning Championship Titles > Breaking Individual Records IMO

81 is damn impressive. Kobe has the ability to get the job done without putting the pressure on the rest of the team. He is the go-to guy and is paid as such. The Lakers will finish above Miami in the end and Miami has a much better team around their star (Shaq).

Don't get me wrong... Kobe is amazingly talented... 2nd probably only to Jordan IMO. (Jordan was smarter about the game and just as physically talented as Kobe)

But you can't win Championships without a bigman. The Lakers broke tradition when they traded Shaq... the legacy in LA is built on a foundation of dominant big men. The second they traded away the most dominant big man in the game they lost that legacy. Shaq may not be the same as he was in his prime, but hes still the type of player you'd build a team around.

Even though he doesn't throw up record breaking numbers, its the things that aren't on the highlight reels that get the job done. Just his sheer presence in the middle is enough to limit scoring percentages in the key... but thats not a stat that shows up on paper.

Shaq = team built around... a dominant big man makes your whole team better. Duane Wade and the rest of Miami are playing better as a result of having Shaq in the middle.

Kobe = team buit for... the other 4 guys on the court serve to get him the ball and thats it! Kobe isn't elevating the level of his team mates at all. Smush Parker would be excelling if he had a player like Shaq to play off of.

Miami

2nd in their conference

24 Wins 17 Loses

L.A. Lakers

7th in their conference

22 Wins 19 Loses

Jordan and Kobe have plays two different games. Plus Jordan won all of his championship without a big man. Jordan's triangle offense was build around him. Unlike when Shaq was here. The triangle is now build around Kobe's the difference between the 3 is that Shaq had Kobe, Jordan had a team of all stars around him and Kobe have a bunch of bums. He's the only super star in the league with a bad team but yet his team is above .500.

Shaq is still a pressence in the middle but not nearly as dominant as he use to be. If you follow basketball you would know that Greg Olstertag made Shaq his bitch by swating his dunks and shots all over Utah. Even the Rookie Bugut made shaq look his age old. So much for pressence.

About last years records...that's last year. This year we have Phil and he's making them play defense. I see the Lakers going to the playoff and maybe the second round. That's way better than anyone think they can do. I like Shaq but he's not worth 80+mil. He gets pay that much as a role player come on now.

Kobe had a great game, but individuals don't win championships. Shaq might be older, but still one of the best big men in the game :D . There is no comparison to Jordan. Jordan is a lot better :P . He made the bulls the team they were. He didn’t have the best players around him all the time. Scottie & MJ were great together. Add Grant and a couple other guys and the TEAM was awesome. Jordan was the best player, but he was part of a team. LA doesn’t have that(that requires passing the ball LOL). Yeah 81 points is great, but a Championship is even better. How many points would Kobe have had if he didn’t shoot 3’s? Wilt got 100 the hard way. Now that’s a great game. 81 is nice but 100 is GREAT.

Has anyone told Kobe he won that Colorado case?  :crackup:

No more need to play for his freedom!  :lol:

Late-  Alex

LMFAO!!!! :crackup: I was gonna say that!!!

Anyway, Kobe is an extraordinary player. His ability to make these incredible jumpers look so easily and his way of slashing to the basket is just unbelievable! I think what he has to do is just trust his teammates a lil more. He's got Odom and Parker to help him out but look at what happened in their last game against Phoenix... Odom screwed em over by not only turning the ball over consecutive times, but also taking the last shot, which was most likely meant for Kobe!! :banghead: I'm not against other players getting the spot light but i would much rather have the guy with the hot hand take the final shot, even if he was a bench warmer... I think a lot of the players have a problem with Kobe taking so many shots and try to make their own plays which in return pisses kobe off once in a while... AHHH i can go on forever....

I dont know if kobe's at his prime now, but the way i see it, Shaq at Prime>Kobe, but now Kobe>Shaq.

Oh, and neither one can fight!! Kobe practically got his *ss handed to him by reggie miller and got punked by chris childs... and Shaq, as big as he is, swung at Charles Barkley's back, and still got taken down by the smaller guy!! :crackup:

Jordan and Kobe have plays two different games. Plus Jordan won all of his championship without a big man. Jordan's triangle offense was build around him. Unlike when Shaq was here. The triangle is now build around Kobe's the difference between the 3 is that Shaq had Kobe, Jordan had a team of all stars around him and Kobe have a bunch of bums. He's the only super star in the league with a bad team but yet his team is above .500.

Bill Cartwright? Horace Grant? Hello? These weren't opponent dominating forces... but they were consistent, fundamentally sound, ball players that handled the middle while Jordan worked from the outside. Chris Mimm isn't exactly tearing the paint up with his play... I've venture to say that hes got all the talent of Christian Latner without any of the bad attitude edge that made him at least competitive.

Shaq is still a presence in the middle but not nearly as dominant as he use to be. If you follow basketball you would know that Greg Olstertag made Shaq his bitch by swating his dunks and shots all over Utah. Even the Rookie Bugut made shaq look his age old. So much for pressence.

I do follow basketball, quite closely as a matter of fact... and I wouldn't call Greg Ostertag having the defensive game of his life a real point. Even slowed down Shaq still is better than 99% of the guys currently at his position. You can't ignore that it takes alot of attention to make sure he isn't dominating inside. On any given play there are 2+ guys dedicated to forcing him off the block and denying entry passes... the distraction he provides alone is disruptive to any defense IMO.

About last years records...that's last year. This year we have Phil and he's making them play defense. I see the Lakers going to the playoff and maybe the second round. That's way better than anyone think they can do. I like Shaq but he's not worth 80+mil. He gets pay that much as a role player come on now.

Who was talking about last years records? I posted this years standings as of last night??? :wtf:

I do agree that Shaq isn't worth $80mill... hell for that matter really a lot of the players aren't worth what they re paid IMO. I'd hardly consider him a role player... replace him with Chris Mimm and tell me, with a straight face, that Miami would be 2nd in the Eastern Conference.

I will say that if Kwame Brown steps his game up (and Kobe involves him in the offense) the Lakers could have a decent inside outside tandem... but that hinges alot on Brown maturing and Kobe learning that there are other people on the court that hes allowed to pass the ball to.

Archived