?? about SilverStars

OneBadSSS

Ok, so I got my $50 cash card rebate from Cingular in the mail today so I decide to go splurge on Sylvania SilverStars for the SSS. I found the Low's and High's no problem, but the Sylvania "Bulb size finder" @ PEPBoys listed the turn signals as 3157's, but all I could find were 3057's and 3357's. Are either of those two bulb sizes acceptable substitutes? I compared the bulbs and visually there appears to be no difference between the 3 different types.Also, do you guys who ahve changed to SilverStars recommend changing my DRL's to the SilverStar amber bulbs as well as my turnsignals? Are they the same bulbs?..thanks in advance for any info/help you guys have!

Unfortunately, the Silverstars only come for the High/Low and the amber 3157 signal lights. The 3157a look blue unlight but then go yellow. Slyvania says it gets rid of the "Fried Egg Look" when you look into the headlights. I have contacted Slyvania there is no plan for the 4157DRL or 3157DRL at this time.

I changed to both H/L and amber and am very pleased over the price :eek: of HID, My original plan.

Personally I went to the local Advanced auto and put APC blue bulbs in both my back uplights and DRLs. I really like them and the 2packs only cost 6.00 Looks great but I have a Blue SS. It really sets off the truck in the parkinglot when you hit the unlock on the remote.

Good luck with your search. :thumbs:

I had the Silverstars in my blazer, and they burned out real quick! I had the silverstars in my headlights, and I think my fog lights (but I could be wrong about the fog lights) and they both burned out a lot quicker than the regular bulbs. I was very dissapointed in the Silverstars. JMO.

Archived