'06 numbers

trialsman

I heard or read somewhere that only about 1600 '06 SSs would be made this year. Anybody got the verified facts or rumors on this?

I would also love to know what percentage are black, red and silver birch.

One more thing, is there any kind of group (formal or informal) of SS owners in or around Atlanta?

Searching the web I managed to find some numbers that may be of interest to some SS owners.

Total production during the first year, 2003, 10,000 to 11,000 units

Total production in '04 and '05 less than 6,000 units

As states in another post, '06 production of "Intimidater" model, 1,333 units.

Would still like to know how many of what color they plan on making in '06 and what the percentages were in prior years.

I'm sure you all know this, but, just in case, RWD only in '06 and Black is the fastest color!!!

2003 ( 10,022 )

Black ----> 6,117

Red ----> 2,802

Blue ----> 1,103

2004 ( 5098 )

No color breakdown has ever been discussed ( or found on here anyways )

2003  ( 10,002 )

Black ----> 6,117

Red  ----> 2,802

Blue  ----> 1,103

2004  ( 5098 )

No color breakdown has ever been discussed ( or found on here anyways )

Thanks BigO, was wondering how many Red SS for '03 :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Searching the web I managed to find some numbers that may be of interest to some SS owners.

Would still like to know how many of what color they plan on making in '06 and what the percentages were in prior years.

I'm sure you all know this, but, just in case, RWD only in '06 and Black is the fastest color!!!

Could you please tell me where you found this information? I need something conclusive and concrete. I agree with you, but I am trying win a argument.

Could you please tell me where you found this information? I need something conclusive and concrete. I agree with you, but I am trying win a argument.

Sorry, don't remember where I found it.

there is a post somewhere hidden in the off topic/general section that has production numbers for the SSS for 03' and i believe 04'. i believe it was hamur that was providing the info to us.

link to msg

In 2003, the production was:

6,117 Black

2,802 Red

1,103 Blue

Making a total of 10,022 Silverado SSs.

link to msg

Final production numbers for the 2004 Model Year of Silverado SS's was:

5098 units

We do not build them all year. Theyare usually restricted the last few weeks of production prior to Model Change and Start Up. Official Model Change is the last 2 weeks of July when the Plant is shut down for change over. So the few weeks prior to and after have build restrictions for low runners and Silverado SS is one of those restrictions.

Archived