Who's the best for mail order tuning?

—Bauker™—

Nelson and PCM4less are the only ones I know off hand. I keep reading a lot of good things about pcm4less for the SS, but not so much with Nelson tuning. Maybe the cost has something to do with it.

Also people having all their torque management removed with their pcm4less. I was under the impression this was a bad thing unless you have a built tranny. What's the deal?

I'm willing to bet that they are all just about the same with very subtle differences. Most of these tuners have been doing this for a while now so they probably have each and every truck pretty much dialed in now depending on what mods you have. It will just come down to price basically. I know the "Wait for me" tune is pretty popular now-a-days because it's very cheap compared to other tuners. I myself have a Nelson 91 tune and I've never had a problem from day one so that is who I would recommend. Bryan at PCM4less is a site sponsor I believe and he has a SSS so you know he knows what he is doing. If I had to get another tune for some reason, I would definately try someone else just to see what kind of differences I could feel. I'm pretty sure they would be minimal.

Late- Alex

there was a side by side on one site-basically you get what you pay for.

i believe that was between wait4meperformance and Westers... All that proved was the one guy had a bad experience with Jesse from Wait4me with his tune. It can happen from any mail order one out there. I have heard great things about all of them and have read some horror stories as well. I guess it all depends on what you want to pay for. I personally have a Wait4metune and love it. The price was cheap and i still got to keep my stock PCM just in case plus Jesse gives lifetime updates and re-tunes if you want them. I know several people who have PCM4Less and cant say anything bad about them either, although i couldnt tell much of a difference between the two. It basically just pick one and go from there. There will always be a chance your tune may not be the way you like it or give you problems when purchasing, normally it is always resolved in some way. Just do your research and decide who want, nuff said :cheers:

:withstupid:

we had some minor "issues" with my torque management etc. whatever it was... bryan was quick to reply and fix the situation at no cost... really really great guys there at pcm4less... trust reputation

:withstupid:

we had some minor "issues" with my torque management etc. whatever it was... bryan was quick to reply and fix the situation at no cost... really really great guys there at pcm4less... trust reputation

Got mine in on Monday. Just been feeling it out. No hard launches or anything but it feels nice. Did a 60-100mph jaunt today and it felt quicker. Shifts are nice. I'm worried it will mess up the transmission though. :( Anyone have any problems with their tranny with this tune? I haven't heard of any. My only problem is I accidentally put 160* thermostat on the form to Bryan and now my cooling fans run all the time, so I need to order a stat. :banghead:

What exactly was your issue with the tune?

I would definately get a zippy shift kit. It makes a world of difference in the WOT shifts. I think Brian would have to adjust the programming a little, I can't remember for sure. I just know with the tune, air intake, and shift kit, my truck has alot more performance for not much money.

Archived