Blown rear end

Blaker888

So yea this last week I got the truck back from the shop some how my locker came apart reason I think the track but U know I use to drop it down in gear no more will I do that and I ask this should I go with somthing stronger and is their somthing stronger? :confused:

So yea this last week I got the truck back from the shop some how my locker came apart reason I think the track but U know I use to drop it down in gear no more will I do that and I ask this should I go with somthing stronger and is their somthing stronger? :confused:

Get an Eaton LSD and 4.10's!!! I just did this and it was well worth it. The Eaton operates much smoother and allows more slip around turns which allows you to put more power to the ground around turns. Yet going straight will still leave two perfect lines :thumbs: The unit I got has carbon clutches and 400lb springs!

Get an Eaton LSD and 4.10's!!! I just did this and it was well worth it. The Eaton operates much smoother and allows more slip around turns which allows you to put more power to the ground around turns. Yet going straight will still leave two perfect lines :thumbs: The unit I got has carbon clutches and 400lb springs!

:withstupid:

I did this with my Avalanche and liked it. :devil:

• 3 weeks later...
:nono:
what do you mean by you used to drop it down in gear?

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

:nono:

No not neutral drops I would shift down on the column like to 2nd or first!

I see no reason for that to harm the rearend, you will not nearly be putting enough force on the carrier to harm it in any way. It's possible it could have had a flaw when it was made and has just given way.

Do you go down a lot of steep grades? If not there is no reason in the world to drop it into into a lower gear. Your better off just leaving it in "D" and drive it.

Archived