05+ baer rear conversion

Jonmalibuss

I decided to paint the rear calipers satin black because the front 6 pistons are billet aluminum and anodized black which I hope to recieve in a couple weeks.

Here may be one of the first 05+ silveraods with rear disks! As you can tell in the pics they aren't fully seated yet but I can tell there is a huge difference!!! :thumbs:

772146_387_full.jpg

772146_388_full.jpg

Why did you change over? I remember seeing something about you not liking the way 4 wheel disks stopped compared to disk and drums.

Late-  Alex

You are right but I was talking about the factory setup of 04 and earlier which was a poor attempt on GM's part because they were way too small. Just putting the 14" rotors and two piston calipers in the rear made a huge difference over the drums. I can't even imagine how it will stop with 15" rotors and 6 piston calipers over the 13" rotors and 2 piston calipers up front.

Looks great  :thumbs:

BTW:  Did you ever run your truck after the 4.10's ?  Just wondering what kind of ET you gained.

No I havn't they have only been in for a week so far, today doing the brakes was a good excuse (since I had to pull the axels to change the backing plates) to check the wear patter wich looked good it wasn't too deep and wasn't too high and I have full contact from one end of the tooth to the other. :thumbs:

nice upgrade. those look real nice behind your wheels.  :cool:

:withstupid: that is a good look!

what breaks did you use in the rear???? are those stock? I know you posted but I am lazy.

the black just makes your rims look better...I wish I could go shovel the snow so I could paint my calipers...oh no I dont :banghead: I just have to wait till spring :chevy:

nice upgrade. those look real nice behind your wheels.  :cool:

:withstupid: that is a good look!

what breaks did you use in the rear???? are those stock? I know you posted but I am lazy.

the black just makes your rims look better...I wish I could go shovel the snow so I could paint my calipers...oh no I dont :banghead: I just have to wait till spring :chevy:

It's bears conversion for 05 and newer using factory backing plates which are included in the kit and the 14" alumasports with 2 piston calipers.

BTW it's about 85* here in SoCal! :yellow_loser:

Archived