05 OEM E-Fan Question

knightrider2000

Got a 2005 SS with Factory E Fans, called my dealer because i thougth they were kicking in on at too high of a temp, he said that 228-232 is what they were susposed to be kicking in at. That just seems too hot for me, can GM Reprogram them to come on say around 220 or 215?

Thanks

Matt G.

that is spec. the vehicle is programed and the engine is designed for OPTIMUM efficiency and operation at that temperature... if your truck is completely stock then i would not mess with/altar it. engineers dont get paid to set the temp at 160 and call it a day.

:thumbs:

Got a 2005 SS with Factory E Fans, called my dealer because i thougth they were kicking in on at too high of a temp, he said that 228-232 is what they were susposed to be kicking in at. That just seems too hot for me, can GM Reprogram them to come on say around 220 or 215?

Thanks

Matt G.

that is correct. the fans are set to come on at that temperature. they don't want the fans coming on any sooner than they have too since that's why they go to e-fans. to run them as little as needed and make the cooling system do it's job. if you want it lowered you have to have someone outside of gm do this.

Archived