Alternative Intake Manifolds

BenKey

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its made by Wilson Manifolds dude their shit are proven power makers.  Depends on how much it is going to cost.  I saw the Lingenfelter intake but it didnt fair too well in one of the magazine articles.

Heat wise I wouldnt think it would be that bad.  Hell people run the damn carb intakes and they dont seem to have real bad problems with heat.

And the women comment, well I just like bling bling1.gif

So is this your new intake of choice? I would be interested in how well this intake flows compared to the ls7 and the fast. How much you think that bad boy is gonna cost?

I dont know yet my guy at the speed shop is going to call me on Monday and let me know how much it is. I think it will perform. Wilson designed the FAST intakes and are WELL known in the pro classes. Just wanted to post it up as yet ANOTHER option not necessarily the best just another one to consider thats all. And its purrty :smash::jester:

I dont know yet my guy at the speed shop is going to call me on Monday and let me know how much it is.  I think it will perform.  Wilson designed the FAST intakes and are WELL known in the pro classes.  Just wanted to post it up as yet ANOTHER option not necessarily the best just another one to consider thats all.  And its purrty :smash:  :jester:

:cool: That is awesome, I want one and don't even need it! :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Why can't FAST just design us a kick-ass manifold that is a direct bolt on!?!?!  :wtf: 

There is obviously a market for one.

Check out this post if you are interested. We got the f.a.s.t intake to work.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...pe=post&id=2091

Why can't FAST just design us a kick-ass manifold that is a direct bolt on!?!?!  :wtf:  

Making it work was not the issue - never was. The fact that it was not a simple bolt on is, like for the f-bodies.

Making it work was not the issue - never was. The fact that it was not a simple bolt on is, like for the f-bodies.

As far as I know the f.a.s.t. intakes has been tried by many people for Silverado’s but no one ever completed a successfully install. I wanted to point out that we completed it with many other custom fabricated parts and now are the only ones to have one up a running successfully to my knowledge since the SSS came out in 2003.

As far as I know the f.a.s.t. intakes has been tried by many people for Silverado’s but no one ever completed a successfully install. I wanted to point out that we completed it with many other custom fabricated parts and now are the only ones to have one up a running successfully to my knowledge since the SSS came out in 2003.

The point that you made about "many" fabricated parts was the point I was making - it is NOT a direct bolt-on and therefore requires some fabrication. Although the manifold will bolt on, once there it causes other issues to be dealt with to make it work once bolted on.

Not sure where you have read that "many" have tried with a Silverado and not been successful - I'd be interested where you read that and if you have a link to it that be cool also. The FAST intake in itself is NOT unique. The exterior makeup is no different than a LS1 or LS6. This has been done, although not by many. The only reason not many have done for a truck is because one, the track/dyno results were not there to justify the cost and two, no one was willing to pay out the $800+ to do it.

As far as being the first - Jeff, GEAR M UP, was the first on here to do it to a SS well over a year ago on his C5R 427. There are also a number of others that have also done according to some of the places like Nasty perf., Speed Inc, or Speartech who pioneered a lot of the stuff to initially do.

Just wondering who else is looking to do this....not just pondering, but seriously thinking of it?

I am leaning towards doing a 90mm FAST intake.  The intake is pretty expensive.  The lowest I have found is $735, including shipping.  The LS2 90mm tb, TAC module, and harness adapter will cost an addit'l $500.

Hey Ben,

Where did you get the LS2 TB, TAC module and the harness adapter, and how much are they each.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Well Moregrip over pt.net brought this new intake to my attention

0102060201.jpg

0102060202.jpg

Here is the info on it:

"Wilson Manifolds has applied the same technology used in our one-off custom designed billet bank sheet metal racing manifolds to our new line of Limited Production Billet Bank Sheet Metal Manifolds. By producing these select manifolds on a limited production basis, we are able to provide a much more affordable manifold that fits the most popular cylinder heads and produces excellent overall performance in many high performance and racing applications, particularly with larger displacement and/or high RPM engines. They also look great on street rods and show cars and are designed to fit under stock hoods. These manifolds are ready to bolt on out of the box and are designed to accept Wilson Manifolds high flow throttle bodies and ultra high flow fuel rails as well as Nitrous Pro Flow direct port nitrous systems and manifold pressure relief valves.These designs were developed using our state of the art solid modeling software, and each manifold's cylinder banks (flanges and runners with integral injector bosses, stanchions, and direct port nozzle bosses) are machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum on our simultaneous 5-axis CNC machining center. Each manifold is then precision fixtured and heli-arc welded for a perfect fit and maximum structural integrity. This production method allows for optimum runner to runner and manifold to manifold consistency in terms of both geometry and performance."

http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com

Im glad moregrip brought this to my attention.  I called the speed shop that I deal with and he is going to call Monday and find out how much one of these beauties run.  They look good and I seriously doubt I will see anyone else with one which will add to the cool factor. :cool:

Not to mention I can get it spray barred for my nitrous and hide it :devil:

So did you ever get a price quote on that manifold?

• 4 weeks later...

Never got a price quote on it, said screw it when some other problems came up. Im going to go with a vic jr intake to allow more funds for other goodies. Anybody get one of the many intakes discussed mounted up or anything new learned/done?

Archived