trade-in estimate

straightss19

im looking to take my SS in for a trade in, and just off the top of your head can anyone give me a rough estimate on what they think its worth?

its an 03 with 38,000 miles. whipple charger, true dual flomasters, pro cold air intake, head unit, hypertech programmer, bed cover and lining. its in perfect condition (onyx black)

...unless you find the right dealer, the blower most likely will not add anything to the trade value.

Keep us posted on what you get.

I think if you get 20K for it you would be lucky (on a trade in) 22-25K for selling it private. Just a guess.

Pull the intake and blower off before the dealer sees it. That is more than likely gonna scare the hell out of them, I know I hate to see moded cars show up most of the time I give them less than I would have for a stock one. In stock form I would say 21K. with everthing on there 19500-20000 and probably more like 19500. If you don't want the hastle of pulling the mods off it sell it yourself it will be worth alot more. Depending on the state you live in there may be certain tax advantages to trading it in though.

Yeah, they will probably only give you a little bit of money for the charger and the bed liner... They will screw you on the rest... I just bought my 06 SS two weeks ago and I traded in a 02 Dakota R/T, 40000 miles, perfect condition, not a scratch, Line-X bedliner, DVD system with moniter, headers and exhaust, K&N cold air, roller rockers, intake, PCM, 10 inch JL Subwoofer and JL amp, brand new tires, and they only gave me 9500 for it, but after talking for 2 hours I got them to give me 14,000 and let me take alot of the stuff off.... My advice is pull everything off as you can to sell on your own...

how much would it cost to get the whipple taken off?

I would be willing to bet money you can find alot of members on here who would pull it off for free if you let them keep it :thumbs: honestly I have no idea how much it would cost to get it taken off, I wouldn't think more than a couple hundred bucks though...if that much

Hey I'm in Ohio and lookin to S/C my 03...I'm sure we could work something out if the price is right. For a good deal I'd be willing to drive some distance. I think you would do no better modded as far as trade in. You're better off to de-mod and sell the parts seperately. At least you could use the $$ to pay for mods on the next vehicle.

Dave

I just went to a dealer today who had a used '05 GTO w/ 5,000 mi on it. They were asking 27,900 for the goat. It had aftermarket exhaust and had the wheels chromed. I took in my '05 SSS w/ 14,000 mi... they offered me 24,500!!!!! :banghead: That sucks!!! Won't be getting a GTO any time soon. I'll have to sell the truck out right!!

-Korey-

Archived