Some people.

CoolBlueSS

I went to lunch today at the Taco Cabana her in Lewisville, TX, and in the parking lot was a band new Intimidator SS. Still had the paper plates on it. I'm in mine, as usual, and I park a few spaces over from it, and go inside. Btw, we both parked where we could see that side of the lot, so I'm pretty sure he saw me pull in, and look towrd his truck. I'm looking around as there are a few people inside, I'm wondering who's could it be. I end up sitting at a table next to two guys, and one of them is the owner of the truck. I didn't find this out till they walked out behind me and got in.

I didn't want to make an azz of myself and walk up to every person asking if that's their truck or not. Like I said, They were sitting where they could see every car pull in, so they had to see me. I just thought it was weird they didn't say anything. I guess some people just don't notice or don't care.

i had a similiar situation happen the other day. i saw a guy getting in a victory red , and i rolled my window down and waved and said hey nice truck. he just gave me a wierd look and hopped in. but for the most part the SSS i see here are nice, although one of them started to rev at me and gave me "the look", trying to impress his friends. dont let it get on your nerves i guess some people arent truck people. as long as you dont attract to much attention from the :dupe: your ok :thumbs:

I have a theory on this :jester:

It must be the girlie-man syndrome. They see you in a vehicle like theirs and just like women there is no way they will associate or acknowledge you because you are in the same vehicle as they are.

Women cannot associate with other women if they happen to wear the same clothes to a social event.

The members here, being manly-men can appreciate the good taste of other members driving the same vehicle, even possibly the same color and identically optioned. We will hoist a beer and break bread and share in the comaraderie of belonging to a brotherhood of like minded individuals. Hell, if we show up wearing the same shirt, driving the same vehicle, it then becomes a life long bond, followed by comparing performance and bench racing stories :crackup:

Yes, I know this is :icon_bs:

But it sounds good :D

Keeping in mind that today, isn't the same as 1950. People don't just walk up to other people and say hi anymore without wondering if they'll get the livin' crap beat out of them.

I get noticed alot up here in farmer central. My personality is such that I don't talk much to people. If you do, that's great! But don't assume because I didn't come up and put my arm around you and discuss our trucks, that I'm an ass.

People aren't as friendly today as they were in Pleasantville.

I have a theory on this  :jester:

It must be the girlie-man syndrome. They see you in a vehicle like theirs and just like women there is no way they will associate or acknowledge you because you are in the same vehicle as they are.

Women cannot associate with other women if they happen to wear the same clothes to a social event.

The members here, being manly-men can appreciate the good taste of other members driving the same vehicle, even possibly the same color and identically optioned. We will hoist a beer and break bread and share in the comaraderie of belonging to a brotherhood of like minded individuals. Hell, if we show up wearing the same shirt, driving the same vehicle, it then becomes a life long bond, followed by comparing performance and bench racing stories  :crackup:

Yes, I know this is  :icon_bs:

But it sounds good  :D

And I thought it was because mine is blue, and his is black thing. :crackup:

Keeping in mind that today, isn't the same as 1950.  People don't just walk up to other people and say hi anymore without wondering if they'll get the livin' crap beat out of them.

I get noticed alot up here in farmer central.  My personality is such that I don't talk much to people.  If you do, that's great!  But don't assume because I didn't come up and put my arm around you and discuss our trucks, that I'm an ass. 

People aren't as friendly today as they were in Pleasantville.

You got a point there, living in hicksville and having traveled a bunch I see that. I try to take a little of my hicksville hospitality with me when I go though. I'll pretty much talk to anyone less they seem to be robbing a 7/11 at the time. :D

Archived