Drop Spindle

SCIV

Does anyone know the part # for a Belltech 2" drop spindle that will fit my '04 VHO (without extensive modifications)? :dunno:

I wasn't for sure if one for an SS will fit or not. Jon, what do you have? Wait isn't yours an '05?

Does anyone know the part # for a Belltech 2" drop spindle that will fit my '04 VHO (without extensive modifications)?    :dunno:

I wasn't for sure if one for an SS will fit or not.  Jon, what do you have?  Wait isn't yours an '05?

They will fit your truck aswell there isn't one for 2wd or AWD there was a question after I got mine and someone else ordered a set and they had a different # on them. The reason is because I got a preproduction set for test fitting they made a few minor changes and I guess put a new # on them.

I think you are right, Zippy...that is why I was asking. BTW, good work in that CHP article. I might need some of your magic for my ATI setup in the near future.

Thanks guys.

I think you are right, Zippy...that is why I was asking.  BTW, good work in that CHP article.  I might need some of your magic for my ATI setup in the near future.

Thanks guys.

If you go with McGaughys spindles they will not work on 05+ trucks but belltechs will work on any of the late model trucks. The difference is McGaughys was trying to change the spindle for one reason or another to fit aftermarket brakes. I'm still trying to figure this out because the aftermarket brake companies are going to make the brakes to fit a stock spindle so if you keep all of your measurements the same (other than raising everyting 2") as the stock spindles then there is no reason in the world the aftermarket brakes will not work on drop spindles. Now with that said Mcgaughys made a change for whatever reason and there was enough difference in the 05 brakes that they would not fit on McGaugys spindles. Yet the 05 brakes fit perfect on the Belltech spindles. I have talked with Eric at Belltech and he has told me that they have one part# for all late model trucks. I'm sure where ever you order them from will ask for a year anyways even though it doesn't matter.

Archived