MagnaCharger install/Heat Exchanger

I have a question about the mounting of the heat exchanger for the supercharger. I don't actually have the kit yet but I am just getting my game-plan set for next weekends install. The heat exchanger for the inter-cooler mounts in front of the radiator which is easy enough. The only problem I see is there is already something mounted there, the transmission cooler I believe. How did you work this? Any hints would be appreciated. :confused:

Yes, that is right, it mounts in front of the transmission cooler. There are some spacers and I think there is a bit of bracketry to let you do this. I had mine installed, so I don't remember if that bracket was that way before, or not.

If you want to get inventive, you could try mounting it in the lower grill opening and adding an electric fan and some ducting :D

• 2 weeks later...
That makes alot of sense. I had hoped that would be the case but wasn't sure. I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered. Thanks guys. :thumbs:

Slim - Have you gotten your s-chgr yet? I know you ordered from Tbyrne and was wondering how long they take to get it to you.

Who out there installed their own magnacharger? Preferrably on a SS.

BenKey, No I don't have it yet. It shipped on the 11th. They weren't kidding when they said it takes two full weeks before it ships. T-byrne doesn't actually ship it, it comes straight from the factory. I am going to put it on myself though with help from a buddy. I will let you know how it goes. I am going to be posting pictures throughout.

Archived