my latest dyno

05VHO

340rwhp with cam and CAI is very sweet. Gain of 41rwhp with heads and LT is about what I would expect, time for a decent free flowing exhaust should free up 10-20 with those mods. That should mean about 400rwhp or close with heads, cam, LT and exhaust with the right tune. Those the 317 heads just ported and polished or they the LS6's?

yeah they were stock 317's before I had the work done.  I was thinking about some ls6's I wonder if I should have gone that way instead.  Now I guess it's time for a 100 shot :cheers:

From all that I can gather, the 317's are some good flowing heads, actually ported 317's compared to LS6 the 317's flow better. I have seen 330cfm on the intake side on well massaged 317's, little less on the LS6. Having said that the worked on LQ9's are very good and I personally wouldn't trade them. Anyone feel free to jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong.

LQ9 and LQ4 heads are the same head. Both have 317s. Different CRs come from the pistons - heads are identical. Mine have been re-worked by Total Engine Airflow to a stgIII and flow 337cfm. You can get good numbers out of them.

Archived