unbelievable

trialsman

While searching the web for silverado SS's  today I ran across a black '04 for sale.  IT HAD A CAP ON IT!.. Just goes to show that money cannot buy stlye, good tatse and/or class. IMNTBHO. :nono:

Or am I alone here?

I don't think it's a style or taste issue at all. It's a personal use issue.

The one's that I have seen pictures of don't lok bad at all.

Not everyone bought theirs for stylin' and profilin'.......

I've seen two black SS's with "caps" or "canopy" as we call them in my neck of the woods and I didn't think they looked too bad.

I did see a red SS that had a similiar setup like this one in it that I didn't care too much for:

Cab-guard-gull-wing-7b.jpg

With the exception of my SS, I have had a cap on my last 10 trucks since 1988. Once you have a truck with one, you realize the additional functionality it gives you, and they clamp on so there is no damage done to the truck. If someone needs one, and it is styled for the truck, then that is what works for them.

While searching the web for silverado SS's  today I ran across a black '04 for sale.  IT HAD A CAP ON IT!.. Just goes to show that money cannot buy stlye, good tatse and/or class. IMNTBHO. :nono:

Or am I alone here?

Thats a bit harsh... I personally wouldn't have a use for a cap... but to each their own. I don't think it looks bad, just different.

I'm a little red-faced guys (gals).  I was a little harsh with my opinions.  It's tough when you're 58.  You sometimes lose sight of the fact that the world doesn't revolve around your opinions of how things should be.  Sorry, I must have been having a bad day.

:icon_bs: that's BS the ol lady told me just last night that the world revolves around me, or maybe she said that I think the world revolves around me, ahh I wasn't really paying attention.

I'm not crazy about caps on these trucks but if you need one buy one, some of them don't look too bad and I'm not making your truck payment

Or am I alone here?

What does "IMNTBHO" mean? :dunno:

I do think it looks better without the shell, but having the shell is practical for my needs and does not look bad (to me at least, and that is what matters). Besides, how else are you going to haul around a B-52?

HPIM1481.jpg

shelledSS.JPG

Or haul around all the stuff the wife insists on taking on vacation?

HPIM0476b.jpg

Heck, I even do evil things, like take the SS off-road :D

HPIM1436.jpg

That looks sharp! Is that the SnugTop Super Sport you have there. I liked that one better than the Xtra Vision I got. Nice clean look on the side windows. But sometimes we sleep in the back when camping, and the sliding windows with screens that the Xtra Vision has are better for that.

Archived